Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes a good big bore+porting compatible pipe? i've heard bad stories.
currently have a ptr '98 eliminator pipe on a 87 wondering if it can handle 300+ cc?
and what's the best way to get 300cc straight bore or bore/stroker?
main usage will be sand

thanks for any advice

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
As for the pipe, I have an ATV sport article on Chad Lohr's open class duncan quad. He was using the PT race pipe and the PT eliminator on a 340cc engine. I don't know if that was a newer version of the eliminator though. You could call duncan and ask them if your pipe will work okay.

On a stock cylinder, lrd and others offered a 300 kit using a re-sleeve and a 72mm piston. That would be cheapest route. You could also get a new 310 kit which also uses a 72mm piston. Lastly you could use a smaller bore and a stroker crank and achieve 300cc. Call some different engine builders and get their thoughts. ESR likes to build strokers. Some builders don't.

·
Registered
388 Posts
who makes a good big bore+porting compatible pipe? i've heard bad stories.
currently have a ptr '98 eliminator pipe on a 87 wondering if it can handle 300+ cc?
and what's the best way to get 300cc straight bore or bore/stroker?
main usage will be sand

thanks for any advice
If you are under or around 300cc's I would say your best bet is a Sparks TT or ESR TRX-5.

Here is a pipe test done by Dave Moore at Dave Moore Racing:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Is that graph showing a trx5 standard mount or center mount?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i like the esr trx5 centermount which i just picked up. it looks really trick and everyone has good things to say about it. i am running it on a 340pv right now. but sparks pipes are also very good as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really liked my sparks tt pipe. When I first went with the 350pv that is what I ran. Then I ran across the CPI 800 bb pipe. So I bought one and what a difference. It didn't loose any bottom end but everywere else it pulls like a crazed ape. You can really tell when the pv opens and it gets on the pipe, since your arms are ripped out of their sockets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really liked my sparks tt pipe. When I first went with the 350pv that is what I ran. Then I ran across the CPI 800 bb pipe. So I bought one and what a difference. It didn't loose any bottom end but everywere else it pulls like a crazed ape. You can really tell when the pv opens and it gets on the pipe, since your arms are ripped out of their sockets.
I have never heard of that pipe from CPI and do not see any info on their website. Do you have any pics or additional info?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts