Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running an FMF fatty w/power core silencer for the past 2 years that I've had my 85 and last weekend I acquired a barely used hand coned pipe w/silencer built for a 310. My engine is just an 67.5 oem cylinder w/thin head gasket running 110 and unknown porting. This pipe totally woke up my engine and it pulls much harder and just more power everywhere almost can't believe how much it changed. I have a 35mm PWK w/boyesen reeds on stock cage. I ordered a 38mm PWK AS and v-force 3 reeds so do you think the carb and reed cage will be a good addition or should I leave it as is?

· Registered
641 Posts
I think you'll notice a big difference with both mods--especially the V-force. The throttle response should be a lot crisper, although you might lose a bit of bottom end grunt with the larger carb.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you'll notice a big difference with both mods--especially the V-force. The throttle response should be a lot crisper, although you might lose a bit of bottom end grunt with the larger carb.
thanks. After fighting with the air box boot to get it on the carb it better be worth it. That was a good test of my patience lol

I also have an LED small bore pipe being made right now that I'm looking forward to see how it compares to the other hand cone I have now.

· Super Moderator
137 Posts
Keep us posted. I also have a fmf fatty on mine running a 67.5 piston with some kind of porting and the bottom end sucks have to stay around 5,000rpm or so to get it moving but pulls hard. light switch power

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the 38mm carb a few times yesterday. First, the float stuck and fixed that, then I noticed the bowl gasket was seeping, and replaced with bowl from new 35mm PWK I had on it. I could tell a difference right away with the 38 on there. Throttle response was much better and it pulls all the way from bottom to top, no flat spots. I still can't believe the difference from the FMF to this new pipe and had I know I would have ditched the FMF a while ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts