Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need suggestions, i have an 88 r currently running a cr head gasket and an inline cooler(20 fin) and a stock radiator with maxima cool aide. and it still runs hot, sometimes it overflows just a little, but then sometimes it starts boiling back into the overflow bottle. its a xc bike with a ct midrange pipe, fmf q2 silencer, 67.5mm wiseco some port work(mostly just a clean up job)
any suggestions?

·
Registered
190 Posts
have you checked to see if the head gasket isnt leaking and getting compression into the cooling system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually replacing head gasket tommorrow. gonna use stock b/c the compression that im gaining with the cr gasket isnt worth the hassle

does anybody else have any trouble logging and staying logged in on this site?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
i too have a question in this. i rode my bike around my yard a little bit his evening and with my thermal laser the head and cylinder read 228. what should that be running at?
Just running around the yard, you might not be getting enough air into the radiator. Normally with a water gauge, you want to be around 180 F. Also, always check jetting. My R always ran hot and finally I pinned it down to the needle jetting. It was too lean on the needle. Ever since I richened the needle, it stays about 170 most of the time. Occasionally in low airflow situations, it will get to 190 - 200.
need suggestions, i have an 88 r currently running a cr head gasket and an inline cooler(20 fin) and a stock radiator with maxima cool aide. and it still runs hot, sometimes it overflows just a little, but then sometimes it starts boiling back into the overflow bottle.
Check your head gasket and your jetting. You may want to check your compression too. If its too high and you get into pinging or detonation, that will cause excessive heat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gonna replace head gasket and also will check needle clip position, also have 30 lbs radiator cap but havent tried it, stock is 16-20 lbs. i was told it could cause problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.