Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem where after I have been riding for a while the motor will back fire or fall off when I peg the throttle. I'm wondering if my cdi is bad or at the very least getting to hot and shorting out. Sombody mounted it right next to the radiator, between the radiator and the motor. Is this my problem, or am I looking at the wrong thing?

·
Registered
614 Posts
CDI's are a weird one when they start to go out. I had bout the same thing happen to me. I checked and looked at a lot of things and used a 'test' CDI and all was well.
If you can get ahold of one to 'use' for a ride and find out. That would be the cats meow.
Your description sure sounds like one to me. That is until that doesn't fix it. :unsure:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CDI's are a weird one when they start to go out. I had bout the same thing happen to me. I checked and looked at a lot of things and used a 'test' CDI and all was well.
If you can get ahold of one to 'use' for a ride and find out. That would be the cats meow.
Your description sure sounds like one to me. That is until that doesn't fix it. :unsure:
I just left NMotion about an hour ago. The loaned me a brand new CDI. :D I'll find out tomarrow if that is the problem.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just left NMotion about an hour ago. The loaned me a brand new CDI. :D I'll find out tomarrow if that is the problem.
That's so cool.
I see you live close.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey i was going to tell u i had a spare box u could try but i guess u already got one. let us know if that fix's it. how does she run other than that? u going to be kicken some vet 30 a$$ real soon?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
other than the possible cdi it is running great. It better be, because they took to the cleaner fixing it. Thanks for all of the help guys. I got to get this thing running well enough to stomp on some old guys (older than my old ass at least)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have noticed all of there prices went up when they combined with the yamy dealer. there race fuels went up 4.00 dollers a gallon!!! witch reminds me (not to steal ur thread) anybody buying 110 fuel in or around KC or Wichita and what are u paying?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.