Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again bare with my noobness on the 250r, however, after installing the new bearing and seals in the frame, and having the old collar for the new lsr stem, is this pic I’m provided a siezed on bearing or part of the old stem?
I can’t figure it out and it doesn’t budge
It’s the lower part I’m referring to, not the collar below the nut.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Turn it upside down and put some heat on there. Just heat the bearing race not the stem and it should fall off.
Loren

·
Registered
262 Posts
If your not talking about the removable seal collar that's below the nut in the picture than there's nothing else to remove. Obviously your stem is upside down but at the bottom of the pic the grooves are from the top seal & where it steps down to the shoulder thats how far it goes into the bearing where it seats against the inner bearing race when it's slid into place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your not talking about the removable seal collar that's below the nut in the picture than there's nothing else to remove. Obviously your stem is upside down but at the bottom of the pic the grooves are from the top seal & where it steps down to the shoulder thats how far it goes into the bearing where it seats against the inner bearing race when it's slid into place.
After looking at it again and comparing it to the new stem, you’re right, there’s nothing to remove. The manual states 2 bearing and 2 seals but after some research it’s a typo. It’s 2 seals and the bearing, that’s why I thought there was something else on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts