Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my homework. Found a thread on here that said the oil plug threads for a 87 trx250r should be m14x1.25. I ordered a plug for my wheeler and it didn’t fit. Mine is smaller. I also tried a m12. Didn’t fit. I don’t have any taps that size otherwise I would have tried running a tap through it to determine the size. Any ideas what size plug I need to get? I wouldn’t be going through all this trouble but my wheeler didn’t have an oil plug in it when I bought it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did my homework. Found a thread on here that said the oil plug threads for a 87 trx250r should be m14x1.25. I ordered a plug for my wheeler and it didn’t fit. Mine is smaller. I also tried a m12. Didn’t fit. I don’t have any taps that size otherwise I would have tried running a tap through it to determine the size. Any ideas what size plug I need to get? I wouldn’t be going through all this trouble but my wheeler didn’t have an oil plug in it when I bought it. Thanks for any help.
Just a thought, but someone could of drilled and tapped it to a different size completely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, but someone could of drilled and tapped it to a different size completely.
That’s what I guessed. But the stock plug is supposed to be a m14. The Hole I have is smaller than a m14 and larger than a m12. There is no sign of an insert or heliecoil so I don’t know why my drain hole is smaller?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That’s what I guessed. But the stock plug is supposed to be a m14. The Hole I have is smaller than a m14 and larger than a m12. There is no sign of an insert or heliecoil so I don’t know why my drain hole is smaller?
I'd grab my "can o bolts" lol , and start trying till I find a perfect fit. Then if need be go to the parts/hardware store or whatever and get the proper bolt and crush washer.
Again just a thought..
I don't know the exact size of the factory drain plug, but if needed I can pull ming tomorrow and report that size in the morning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd grab my "can o bolts" lol , and start trying till I find a perfect fit. Then if need be go to the parts/hardware store or whatever and get the proper bolt and crush washer.
Again just a thought..
I don't know the exact size of the factory drain plug, but if needed I can pull ming tomorrow and report that size in the morning.
If nobody else chimes in that would be much appreciated. I tried my spare bolts couldn’t find the right one. Going to try a buddies set of bolts tomorrow if I can’t find the right size on here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
is it possible that your cases were welded? just a thought because when i had mine welded Arlan put in a smaller hole. but that would be pretty obvious other than that i got no idea

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it possible that your cases were welded? just a thought because when i had mine welded Arlan put in a smaller hole. but that would be pretty obvious other than that i got no idea
If it was welded the person did a hell of a job. No there’s no paint that looks out of place. No sign of it being welded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts