Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a decent used set of Ohlins HO716 front shocks. They need to be rebuilt and I am going to attempt it myself. I have the springs off. Anyone know how to get the nitrogen out? There is a nut and a Phillips screw in the center. On the top part of the shock body there is an allen key screw, I believe that is the fill port. On some videos they are showing that you use a hypodermic needle to drain the nitrogen?????? ummmm..... is there a special type of valve in there or is it a self healing bladder? I am also missing some of the bushings/spacers to mount the shocks. any chance someone have any spare parts laying around? I can buy the stuff new but love to find decent used stuff. Is there a particular size spanner I need to get the 2 lock rings off? I tried a hammer and screw driver but I am further destroying the soft aluminum rings.

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
WheelieD I had my Ohlins rebuilt directly by Ohlins USA themselves. They are out of the Carolinas, I have all their contact info if you want it let me know. The quality control and professionalism is incredible!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WheelieD I had my Ohlins rebuilt directly by Ohlins USA themselves. They are out of the Carolinas, I have all their contact info if you want it let me know. The quality control and professionalism is incredible!

send it

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
well the rezzy has a screw on the bottom to release the pressure.but not sure how your going to refill it.if it was me i would just spend the $150 to have them done by someone that knows what they are doing.i see you live in maybe ashtabula ohio.where i also live.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the parts kit is roughly $50 per shock, I have already been in talks with Jerry. They charge $250 to have them rebuilt. Local shop near me will fill them for $20. I can more than likely rebuild them myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, got the nitrogen out, got the bladder pushed down but didnt remove it yet. oil drained. How do I get the cap off the shock body to get the clip out to remove the whole piston assembly? tried wood and plastic and a hammer and it wont budge the cap. dont want to mess it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts