Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 trx250r
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the forum and thanks for having me. Where does everyone get the different off colors of 250r plastic? I've seen yellow, orange, grey, and a couple different blues. Are people painting them or paying to have them custom made. I've always wanted orange but have never found anywhere you can buy it. Thanks for any response!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Painting plastic really doesn't work out well. There are two companies that make 250r fenders, Maier still does, and Fullbore does runs of fenders from time to time also. Fullbore fenders are higher quality than the Maiers, but also carry a higher price. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There used to be a lot more colors made, but demand has dropped off, so only main colours these days, but try Maier-mfg or fullbore, they do runs of odd colors sometimes

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know Fullbore just did a run, not sure of the colors. My buddy just got his tracking info on a set of White. They had been on backorder.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Maiers usually has electric blue ,lime green as of late,I’ve seen fullbore make the orange plastic.no one is dying them they just do runs of different colors from time to time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Painting plastic really doesn't work out well. There are two companies that make 250r fenders, Maier still does, and Fullbore does runs of fenders from time to time also. Fullbore fenders are higher quality than the Maiers, but also carry a higher price. Hope this helps.
For painted plastic it really just depends on the environment you ride in. I ride my R in sand only & the white paint on my plastic is 26 years old. I sprayed the plastic with an HVLP gun & used good quality Martin Senior single stage automotive paint that I got at Napa & had flex agent designed for plastic bumpers added in. As old as it is it's not perfect but it has held up very well over the years so unless your riding in a lot of mud or rocks painting is an option if it's done right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts