Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys kind of new to this my 88 is running fine but sometimes when I go to ride it I will kick it 30 times and it won’t fire over plenty of compression carb is getting fuel I put a teaspoon of gas in the cylinder it started just fine can it be the carb or the reeds it has a 38pwk and esr reeds ? Thanks .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey man thanks is it just easy to swap it out with like a diff brand of reeds do u have to adjust the carb after putting new reeds ? Do you recommend any ?
I would start by checking them as recommended, then go from there. The carb adjustments should be minimal if any...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just checked a few of the BR8ES plugs I have still in the boxes & they were all 029" . Assuming you have a stock ignition set the gap at .018" -.020".

·
Registered
475 Posts
Vforce 3 reeds are considered the best. Eddie from esr sells replacement reed petals for his reeds, but they'll only last so long until they chip again. I'd probably rip em out and put in vf3.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vforce 3 reeds are considered the best. Eddie from esr sells replacement reed petals for his reeds, but they'll only last so long until they chip again. I'd probably rip em out and put in vf3.
Yeah I think I’m gonna go that route with the vforce 3 I know the esr that I have on now is the big block would I have to use a spacer with the vforce or just slap it on like that ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I run br9es use to gap at .018. But with Cr ign I run out of box. But I do check them most are at .024.
Your running a fresh CR ignition so yes you can run a larger plug gap. On an engine with an old stock ignition however the gap should be .018" -.020".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts