Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I just recently purchased a 1988 Honda 250R Fourtrax because I think I'm regressing to my child hood (15-18) at age 40+ lol. I've always had 4-stroke quads 250X, 300EX, 400EX. Neighbors had 250R ATC and Tecate 250. They always smoked me. Loved that 2-stroke smell and sound. SO...I ended up buying the '88 250R fourtrax. With that being said, I would like to start changing little things (worn or outdated) like clutch/brake lever assembly, twist throttle and possibly handle bars. I am looking at a Motion Pro CR Competition Twist Throttle Kit and a Streamline Reflex Pro Clutch and Brake Lever Kit for starters. Does anyone have suggestions or used either of the product or have any advice for one product manufacturer over another. Thanks...

·
Registered
876 Posts
if you are going twist, might as well go ahead and get the quick twist option to get the suspense over with

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...if you are going twist, might as well go ahead and get the quick twist option to get the suspense over with... to be clear, you mean the quick turn throttle system? and what do you mean by suspense? Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Bikes don't really turn using the bars so your wrists are never really out of position. When your hill climbing or hitting a burm I'd always rev the shit out of it accidentally. My banshee came with a twist. I hated it, but gave it a shot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I had a twist on my banshee over and over I thought I was good with it. And then something sketchy would happen and somehow I’d pure panic rev. I thought o was fine because I right bikes a lot more but it’s not the same. Stick with thumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
'Orrible arm pump for me with all thumb throttles and for some reason none of the drawbacks others have described with a twist. The only time I can stand thumbs is on slow utility quads where body position doesn't matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts