Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen,
Hope all is well. I just wanted to see input on running no link suspension. On my two 86 atc I ran the stock link.on my 88 build I'm working on.i was thinking about running a no link but wanted to get some info from you experienced guys.thanks in advance gentlemen

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why?.

have to mod the frame.have a

swingarm made and a custom
shock.way too much money for
next to nothing.
I was just curious sir because I was reading some threads on here of no link, cr500 link and was wondering if there was an advantage just to learn.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 61819 View attachment 61821

Dont need to mod your frame..
love the feel of a no link!
yes no link frame runs longer shock but can use with a stock linkage mount like shown
Ohh ok I see now. Would it work the same way if you was to use a no link swingarm with a longer shock on a stock frame. I like how both my trikes feel with the stock linkage; however, I was curious while I was reading various things in the forum.thanks for taking the time to explain.definately cannot learn that in a book

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a no link swingarm with no link shock for factory mount/frame
no link frame use 2” longer shock for more travel
ohh ok sir is there a difference on jumps and rough terrain between the stock link suspension and no link like your quad?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Less weight with no link setups, however no links shocks are more difficult to setup and tune correctly. My experience has been no links track better and handle little hits and whoops better. Once they get high into the stroke they tend rebound faster, which can pitch the rear end up. Link setups tend to do better on the big hits. But this is my experience with my shocks and setup. Take it with a grain of salt.

Best regards
-Jason

·
Registered
876 Posts
Way it puts power to ground feels different
stiff yet moves smoothly, really hard to describe
i have link setups which work with peps dual rate, axis, pep oem but over all them I like no link feel more even on factory link mount

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Way it puts power to ground feels different
stiff yet moves smoothly, really hard to describe
i have link setups which work with peps dual rate, axis, pep oem but over all them I like no link feel more even on factory link mount
gotcha sir, well thanks good to have you experienced guys on here. Like I said before you can learn any other from a manual thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts