Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Tusk axle for a 400ex and It didn't have castle nuts with it for the hubs? Is that how they come or did mine not come complete? The box was sealed and it came with the spacers and cotter pins?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just received my Tusk axle for a 400ex and It didn't have castle nuts with it for the hubs? Is that how they come or did mine not come complete? The box was sealed and it came with the spacers and cotter pins?
I would say it's safe to say you SHOULD have recieved them and were shorted.
This picture clearly shows the collars and castles - they buy em like everyone else does and if it's pictured and not stated otherwise you should have them.
Tusk Adjustable Width Racing Axle | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya but that one also shows an axle nut which did come with my friends axle for his yfz but not mine. mine came with the sprocket hub and his didn't. I think all honda axles come with sprocket hubs. his also came with castle nuts.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
call and find out why u dont have, rocky mountain is a good company they generally take care of you

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya hopefully there open on good friday need this thing on next week. maybe my lonestar castle nuts will work on it.

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
The nuts should have been included, because the 400EX G Force I got, they came with the axle.
The Tusk, is the G Force from what I've been told. Dont know if Tusk or Rocky M ATV/MC bought them out or not though. My soninlaw, all the G Force stuff he ordered for his 450s came in under the Tusk name.
Neil

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I talked to RMATV and NO the Tusk axle does not come with castle nuts. You are suppose to use your stock Castle nuts. Great for me as I don't own a stock 400ex. Hopefully my lonestart castle nuts work.

Rmatv sells oem 400ex castle nuts for about $11. so remember to factor that in with your purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing just happened to us! Do you know what size castle nut the Tusk axle takes for the 400ex?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts