Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on some new tires for an 86 250R? I've been looking at the usual Razr 2s but just wanted to see if anyone prefers something else. I'd like to have at least ply 6 and up as I go into a lot of rocky areas and my last set was ply 4 and got quite a few punctures. Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
For me it's XC-Masters. I run them on all my quads now. Excellent 6 ply tire at a great price. We sell them individually or as a package deal for $253.95. As always, free shipping over $100. Here's the link to them on our site.

GBC XC Master ATV Tires PACKAGE DEAL!!!

Thanks,
Darren
Unhinged ATV

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've had many different 6 ply tires from multiple brands and I've recently found the best cross country/ gncc style tire out there in my opinion. The Maxxis "XC" both front and rear. They only come in one size but its my favorite size anyway so it works out great. 21×7×10 front and 20×11×9 rear. 6 ply and extremely predictible. Perfect amount of side bite, slides well but not too much. Better than RAZR 2 front/razr 1 rear combo that so many people like so much. And IMO more tractable, predictable, and wear better than itp "gncc's" which I do like as well but not as good as Maxxis XC's. They are the newest Maxxis tires on market and awesome in every way. Also they clean out great. The GBC XC masters are nice too. Haven't had a ton of time with the gbc's but no complaints so far.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
The Maxiss XC is the same tire I plan on running when my Holeshots wear down! Darren is a site sponsor and has great prices so I plan on purchasing my new tires from him! For my R and my Banshee... The 20x11x9 is the best size tire for heavy trail riding, which is pretty much all I do. If I'm in the sand pits it's paddles but that's a different game all together...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
i have the gbc x rex that are now the XC-masters i have them on my ltr 450 and my kfx 450 and a new set waiting for my 250r build thaty are on the shelf. on my yfz 450 i have hole shot hd. and the banshee has razr 2. for the money i like the gbc tires. in comparison to my other tires. can't realy say there is much of a difference in overall performance. I will point out i went riding on sunday with atvguy and he had brand new razr 2 on his yfz and it had me thinking . . . . . they are pricie though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Maxxis XCs looks nice. The area I ride in is very rocky and can get very muddy though and during the winter it snows somewhat a lot. Are they good in those conditions? Snow doesn't matter much because no 2wd ATV is good in 3 inches but every once in a while I try lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The Maxxis XCs looks nice. The area I ride in is very rocky and can get very muddy though and during the winter it snows somewhat a lot. Are they good in those conditions? Snow doesn't matter much because no 2wd ATV is good in 3 inches but every once in a while I try lol

I ride the same conditions you mentioned. I ride mostly in pa but some MD and after a great time at Hatfield McCoy trailfest about a month ago now I'll make a trip there at least once per season. I ride a lot of very rocky trails, some mud, hillclimbs, gncc conditions. And the XC's are awesome for these conditions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely look into them then. I usually ride in northern PA however I'm currently looking for some places in MD because I travel there a lot. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts