Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Possibly as stated, a Long Rod + 85/86 Piston kit, however; you can't tell by looking at your pictures. A stroker crankshaft like a +4 MM or +5 MM would look identical, and use the same 3/16" spacer plate....

Only real way to know for sure is to check the crankshaft, or measure the stroke.

Carlos
where could I check vin# to find out what year this actually is? I haven't done anything to the quad yet except look at it and get necessary parts and i'de like to know what model year I am dealing with before I go much further.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Possibly as stated, a Long Rod + 85/86 Piston kit, however; you can't tell by looking at your pictures. A stroker crankshaft like a +4 MM or +5 MM would look identical, and use the same 3/16" spacer plate....

Only real way to know for sure is to check the crankshaft, or measure the stroke.

Carlos
how can I find out what model year this thing is? do they all use the same parts? I don't want to throw money away buying wrong parts.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Vin will be up by front shocks if its a 88 -89 frame. Looks like a 88 frame, cant really tell if it has heel guard mounts from your pics. If it does then its a 89 frame.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like sandslinger said it's an 88 or 89 frame. The number tag for the engine is rivited on & sits in front of the shift shaft, TB06E is cast into the same area. There's info on this site & others that decode those numbers or post it up here in your thread & someone can tell you.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
THANKS GUYS,LOOKS LIKE AN 88 OR 89 FRAME(VIN* ON FRONT) WITH AN 86 MOTOR 1017628.
One step closer, most likely a Long Rod, however; still does not tell you what's internally; just that the Left side case, or cases are 1986 TRX250R.

Can still be a Stroker or Lond Rod as stated above.

Carlos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
2 3/4
STROKE.JPG
INCH STROKE. LOOKS LIKE A LONG ROD. WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE OF A LONG ROD

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
A 72MM stock stroke, Long or Short is 2.835" or almost 2-27/32" inches. a +4MM stroker is 76MM or 2.992", almost 3".

Remeasure; at 2.750"....you are getting a 69.85MM stroke or a de-stroked engine; highly unlikely.

Carlos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
TAPE MEASURES AREN'T THAT ACCURATE BUT IT IS WHAT I HAD HANDY, I'LL TAKE A BETTER MEASUREMENT WITH A MORE ACCURATE METHOD.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts