Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a87 trx250r had a intermittent spark problem stared and ran cold ride for awhile cdiwould get warm to the touch no spark ohm Ed everything else out all in spec rode it again same took cdi off tossedin the freezer for 10 minutes starts 2nd kick soget an after market one now u can't even get a half of a revolution of the motor and it kicks back won't run out the original one starts every time suggestions

·
Registered
226 Posts
Working on a87 trx250r had a intermittent spark problem stared and ran cold ride for awhile cdiwould get warm to the touch no spark ohm Ed everything else out all in spec rode it again same took cdi off tossedin the freezer for 10 minutes starts 2nd kick soget an after market one now u can't even get a half of a revolution of the motor and it kicks back won't run out the original one starts every time suggestions
I think you answered your question my friend. Those aftermarket cdi are trash.run as if there lean or have to much of an advance. If everything else ohm out goo I would ask a buddy or look for a used one. Hell one of these amazing gentlemen will chime in soon maybe they have an extra one they can sell you.

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
First check all 250R FB sites, eBay, here on .NET for OEM good used CDI's...only go OEM. All current aftermarket CDI's are Junk. Can't find a good new or used OEM CDI; call BDT Motorsports...in stock.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts