Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
One I said that as a joke and two there was another 250r here and he let me try his cdi and i then picked up the problem he was having with it and I didnt detonate and how could 110 not be sufficient in a stock cylinder and I've already checked every single ground and we went through my wiring harness with someone with over 30 years of experience and why else would a new rebuild that's worked great for about 15 hours and then all of a sudden quit
Oh I don't know; maybe...."Increased Timing (not from CDI) from Stator, pickup or Flywheel"

Purchase the new HPI and then come back here and post how it kicks back, has little to no low end power, and if nothing wrong with you current OEM, why you have constant problems? Seems detonation has always been an ongoing issue, based on your prior posts.

Carlos

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All
I’m looking for a Honda ATC 250 r baffle insert from a stock pipe ,,it goes in the tip of the exhaust held by two screws. Anybody please help me find one,,text or call 210-367-7278 if you have any ideas. Much appreciated $$
Thanks
Gino

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
One I said that as a joke and two there was another 250r here and he let me try his cdi and i then picked up the problem he was having with it and I didnt detonate and how could 110 not be sufficient in a stock cylinder and I've already checked every single ground and we went through my wiring harness with someone with over 30 years of experience and why else would a new rebuild that's worked great for about 15 hours and then all of a sudden quit
Oh I don't know; maybe...."Increased Timing (not from CDI) from Stator, pickup or Flywheel"

Purchase the new HPI and then come back here and post how it kicks back, has little to no low end power, and if nothing wrong with you current OEM, why you have constant problems? Seems detonation has always been an ongoing issue, based on your prior posts.

Carlos
To add:

I would tear your engine top end down, and fully inspect. Likely it's seized, just because it ran for 15 hours, doesn't mean it was good to start with...you don't necessarily have to burn down in the first 5 minutes, or 2 hours...it could be damage being done over an extended period.

Like I said; seems like you have had issues with this build since you got it back from your builder; WP Leak, Detonation, and now complete damage.

Carlos

·
Registered
145 Posts
To add:

I would tear your engine top end down, and fully inspect. Likely it's seized, just because it ran for 15 hours, doesn't mean it was good to start with...you don't necessarily have to burn down in the first 5 minutes, or 2 hours...it could be damage being done over an extended period.

Like I said; seems like you have uphad issues with this build since you got it back from your builder; WP Leak, Detonation, and now complete damage.

Carlos
Maybe I'm missing something, I am around C12.... ALOT LMFAO!!!🙃
But I don't think Evaneyeball was the one with the issue. I think he was trying to help and whatnot ( really hard to find these days ) diagnos the dude's problem.
Anyway just in case it got lost in translation.
I still think it's a cool looking pipe, how is it working?

·
Registered
382 Posts
i read eyeball motor blew.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Keep in mind here that you are dealing with a 14 year old kid. Evan is trying to learn and ask a ton of questions. How can you fault him for that?
There are a couple tough guys on here that really get a kick out of busting his balls. If I was running a business I would do everything in my power to help the next generation that way I continue to have a customer base. The first people that cry foul everytime they feel someone is disagreeing with them or attacking them are the ones that pounce on a 14 year old kid. Good job guys! You are so cool!
Loren

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Actually I try to help everyone, don't ask how old you are, just give my best advice....regardless of who you are, and 'zero' with creating a future "customer base".

If it's ignored, or not believed, that's a choice they have, however; when everything goes south, and you keep asking the same questions over and over while having the answers before you, then a bit of honesty & heart to heart even if you are 14 years old is a good thing.

If it's true his engine "blew"; then he needs help, it does seem like he has had nothing but trouble all along the way with his 250R; I would expect that after it came back from his builder, it should be ready to run, and not experience the issues he continues to have.

Carlos

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
so my motor is almost fine arlen is honing it and we are putting it back together with a hpi ignition and a new set of reeds because theres a huge gap in between the pedals and the cage wich idk how but there is a wear groove in the reed cage. and the reason i am going with a hpi is because its cheaper than a cr ignition by a mile and the rest of my ignition set up is pretty sketch it would work but i feel like for the price its better than having some other part go out and then have worse detonation. and i dont really care about kick back if it does and low end i dont really need much of because i only ride sand. and on the pipe it is way better than my fmf, it is definitely more powerful and torquey i will be running it till i can afford a hand coned pipe. i did put my fmf on just to make sure that it wasnt the pipe that was causing detonation because it was mounted with wire.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
With all the trouble you've had to date, best advice is perform a UCCR....get the facts yourself, don't just depend on what others tell you, always best to have numbers to verify what you think you know.

Better safe than sorry...:)

Carlos

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I got it together a couple days ago and it started on the first kick with no kickback and I also put in some vforce 3's and it runs great I have to finish re wiring my lights, I already have a battery mounted so I'm just wiring in a switch and over all the hpi is running better than the oem one was. It seems like it runs smoother that is partly the reeds but it is such a big difference it has to be partly the ignition

·
Registered
382 Posts
dont blow this time.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered