Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new pipe when I was getting some parts for a banshee and he said he had a 25or pipe and practically gave it to me and I have cant really find anything on the pipe. Anyone know about them

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the pipe on with wire and I rode it a little and It has a lot of top end. And I think I'm keeping it

·
Registered
586 Posts
Old school! I have the same one, but will likely go with something different for my 86 build.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just drove through Winchester 20mins ago. There's a 250r in temp staging area running like crap lol. Poor guy..

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just drove through Winchester 20mins ago. There's a 250r in temp staging area running like crap lol. Poor guy..
I would almost give my left Nut to ride in sand. Here in NEPA It's all RR Tracks, woods, mountain, farmland and coal pits... We have alot of big ( some really BIG ) old coal hills to run, not as cool as those sick ass sand dunes... But I bet a few are just as big
Anyone want to trade locations for a weekend?.... LMAO!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I helped him he was right across the street from where we are camping and his complete electrical is junk he was lied to big time when he bought it. They said it was a 89 but I saw it and instantly recognized it as a 86 and when the cdi went bad he thought he had a 89 so that's what he bought for and it hasn't run good at all since he bought it and he has a stock cylinder with boysen reeds and esr intake and exhaust. His oem cdi went bad and so did mine so the only thing that would run it was a 89 cdi and it would go good until he got to the mid range then it fell on its face. And did you see 5 guys standing around it cause one was me lol. Also my bad cdi is causing detonation so hpi and a 310 here I come

·
Registered
145 Posts
I helped him he was right across the street from where we are camping and his complete electrical is junk he was lied to big time when he bought it. They said it was a 89 but I saw it and instantly recognized it as a 86 and when the cdi went bad he thought he had a 89 so that's what he bought for and it hasn't run good at all since he bought it and he has a stock cylinder with boysen reeds and esr intake and exhaust. His oem cdi went bad and so did mine so the only thing that would run it was a 89 cdi and it would go good until he got to the mid range then it fell on its face. And did you see 5 guys standing around it cause one was me lol. Also my bad cdi is causing detonation so hpi and a 310 here I come
That's awesome that you stopped to help, that's hard to find these days.
Sucks being told one thing then trying to get parts.... Nothing works right, and your not sure why ..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think we decided he had a cdi go out and then he bought the wrong stator for a 88-89 and it didnt run because of his bad cdi and the stator now so he then bought a 88-89 cdi and that started it but it ran like crap

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
None of these issues are necessarily the CDI....it could be a lot of other things like;

Poor connections
Bad ground
Bad Wire Harness
Bad Coil
Bad Coil Boot
Bad Coil Wire
Bad Carburation
General engine issues.

"Also my bad cdi is causing detonation so hpi and a 310 here I come"...
Detonation is almost always NOT related to CDI issues, and almost always related to General Engine issues like wrong squish angle or clearance or improper UCCR, poor fuel Octane level, Increased Timing (not from CDI) from Stator, pickup or Flywheel.

Carlos

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One I said that as a joke and two there was another 250r here and he let me try his cdi and i then picked up the problem he was having with it and I didnt detonate and how could 110 not be sufficient in a stock cylinder and I've already checked every single ground and we went through my wiring harness with someone with over 30 years of experience and why else would a new rebuild that's worked great for about 15 hours and then all of a sudden quit

1 - 20 of 37 Posts