Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would the carburetor perform if the clip on the needle came off.
The bike running rich so that doesn't make sense to me. I thinking the bike wouldn't run or start . Am I correct.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
How would the carburetor perform if the clip on the needle came off.
The bike running rich so that doesn't make sense to me. I thinking the bike wouldn't run or start . Am I correct.
Probably would not run . Take off carb cap and pull slide, needle should come out with slide.
Iv'e seen engines-TRX/ATC250R come in to BDT running without the clip, without the plastic keeper (in place wrong or totally gone), without Main Jet, ect....sometimes it surprises me that 250R's would even run in these conditions....granted they are running like 'crap', however; running :)

Carlos

·
Registered
94 Posts
Iv'e seen engines-TRX/ATC250R come in to BDT running without the clip, without the plastic keeper (in place wrong or totally gone), without Main Jet, ect....sometimes it surprises me that 250R's would even run in these conditions....granted they are running like 'crap', however; running :)

Carlos
I’ve seen a blaster run without a pilot jet. My BIL asked me if I could check the carburetor. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Had clip come off on me one time, thought blew motor
Needle will stay in main and when slide comes up only pulls air with no fuel and definitely doesn’t run right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts