Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 87 25or with a PJ 05A carb and a 165 main jet. I need a new Needle as it is bent and the best i can read on the needle is NR146 not real sure. I can i determine the correct needle to purchase?

Thanks, and This is a GREAT Forum. Has helped me alot.

Jay

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
NR146 = DGA...get a DGH

Note you can straighten your NR146 needle by chucking in a lathe or a hand drill...spin it fast and with your fingers force it straight...they bend back to straight easy.

Carlos

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a 87 25or with a PJ 05A carb and a 165 main jet. I need a new Needle as it is bent and the best i can read on the needle is NR146 not real sure. I can i determine the correct needle to purchase?

Thanks, and This is a GREAT Forum. Has helped me alot.

Jay
NR146 = DGA...get a DGH

Note you can straighten your NR146 needle by chucking in a lathe or a hand drill...spin it fast and with your fingers force it straight...they bend back to straight easy.

Carlos
Hi Carlos! I have a stock 1986 atc 250r w tail pipe that sputters maily on all throttle range. Doesnt run right and barely idles. My carb is pj03a with #42 pilot, 145 main jet, 60 cutaway flat slide and NR146 needle in 3rd groove position. New exhaust packing, new KN air filter. I live in Puerto Rico sea level weather around 88-90F. I split carb apart, cleaned it and air blow it, both new Keihin jets, new float valve, new float. I try to calibrate float but if i get it to specs of 16mm it overloads and spill gas thru breathing tubes, so in order not to spill float height is much lower around 18-19 mm. Despite float valve seat looks ok to me im suspecting it might be damage causing me this nightmare to set the height correctly. The barrel where the float valve goes in has stamped a “38” number on it and my carb is a 34mm; dont know if previous owner changed that or is a normal oem valve seat. When i take a look at spark it is wet and oily like fresh gas. Exhaust pipe is very black and oily and dripped a black oily drop at the tip. Im new to 2 stroke and getting some advice from you guys who know about the topic. I have the shop manual for reference and having a hard time making run smooth. Any suggestion of changing my needle to dif number/size? If so where can i get the needle? Thanks for your help guys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts