Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
I agree on the mixture being easy to calculate but my ocd has me reaching for the ratio rite cup every single time! And God forbid there is even a spec of dust in mine I loose my mind making sure its sterile before adding oil!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree on the mixture being easy to calculate but my ocd has me reaching for the ratio rite cup every single time! And God forbid there is even a spec of dust in mine I loose my mind making sure its sterile before adding oil!!!
I’m the same way, I know the math but use a ratio rite every time, have done for 35 years.

I also mix based on what I expect to use for one outing because I will go months in between rides and always want “a fresh batch” i’m sure that’s stupid but that’s what I do and the rest goes in the Weedwhacker. I will say smelling Klotz exhaust come out of the weed trimmer or chain saw makes yard work marginally more enjoyable:)

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
I’m the same way, I know the math but use a ratio rite every time, have done for 35 years.

I also mix based on what I expect to use for one outing because I will go months in between rides and always want “a fresh batch” i’m sure that’s stupid but that’s what I do and the rest goes in the Weedwhacker. I will say smelling Klotz exhaust come out of the weed trimmer or chain saw makes yard work marginally more enjoyable:)
Agreed...:)

When we run the BDT Dyno, I actually only mix pre-mix 2000 ml's at a time. I have a big Scientific Beaker graduated in one ml increments...and work to 2000 ml's or approximately 64 ounces/1/2 gallon. And run off a 2000 ml Fuel Bottle I rigged up, never the gas tank....

Carlos

21 - 23 of 23 Posts