Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t Know which type of oil to use on my 1988 TRX 250 R I’ve been using cheap universal 2 stroke oil but I want something that is good for the engine and thinking about running 32 to 1 rather than 20 to 1 I heard a lot about castor927 How many of you guys run that? My grandpa handed his 250 down to me about 6 months ago,2 strokes are new to me

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have been running a brand called dumonde tech but it is extremely pricy and im switching to klotzR50 because regular benol leaves a film in your motor and can gum stuff up and cause problems. never ran castor 927 but i am running dumonde tech l111 and will be using the R50 at 40:1, one pint to one can of 110 race gas its just easier for me and its still a good mix and you cant go wrong with 32:1 might be a little heavy on oil but ittle run fine and lubricate well. back in the 80s the oil wasnt as good as it is today and so there is no need to run it at 20:1. and generally klotz is a good brand.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Klotz R50 at 40:1 in all temperatures for me.

Reactions: jsta281

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Maxima 927 at 28/1 or 32/1...32/1 is easier to mix as it's simply 4 ounces/per gallon as stated above.

Carlos

·
Registered
287 Posts
With a ratio cup any ratio is easy. Klotz R50 is $55 per gallon on Amazon.

·
Registered
383 Posts
max 927. 32/1. dont have ratio cup.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
+whatever to the cup and 32:1. I’m running redline. It’s pricey but the quad came with a gallon. I got more from dealer(support local) and it smells good. Klotz would be my next choice, I run it in my sled. My 2 pennies. 🍻

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don’t Know which type of oil to use on my 1988 TRX 250 R I’ve been using cheap universal 2 stroke oil but I want something that is good for the engine and thinking about running 32 to 1 rather than 20 to 1 I heard a lot about castor927 How many of you guys run that? My grandpa handed his 250 down to me about 6 months ago,2 strokes are new to me
I used to run klotz, but for me it was running a little expensive, so i went back to castor 927, running 40:1 ethanol free, 32:1 felt a lil too rich for me, i would get a measuring cup if i were you as well, hope you get the info u need

·
Registered
131 Posts
You guys talk about mixing amounts of oil to gas, i have never mixed my gas/oil without my ratio rite cup! I have about 7 or 8 of them :cool::cool:
Agreed, I have 3, one for home, one for the to go box when i go trail riding, and one just laying around in case i lose one

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
32/1...4 ounces to the gallon, all sorts of ways to measure 4 ounces without a Ratio Cup.,,,very easy. Now, I do agree a ratio Cup should be for everyone.

Carlos

·
Registered
287 Posts
40:1 very easy..... 16oz to 5 gallons.....who only takes a 1 gallon can of gas riding lol..

·
Registered
383 Posts
drag dudes.lol

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone ever try the pre mix 5 gallon cans?
I never hear about it. I also like the maxima quick mix oil jug to keep in pickup. Never know when may need some 2 stroke oil if you forget your gas can.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Racers never mix more fuel than they will use during Races, sometimes 1-2 gallons at a time. Some general riders do the same.

If using Maxima "Castor927"...don't run 40/1 as wrongly suggested, just not enough oil for 927. Run 28/1 or 32/1.

Carlos

1 - 20 of 23 Posts