Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my clutch apart and im going to do the cr500 mod. My lever was stiff to start, so I did all the checks, not the cable/lever, pulled the basket apart and everything good there. Then I took a look at the clutch rod, I wanted to see how it was moving when I pulled the clutch lever in and I noticed that the rod does not go all the way in to the washer then pushing tight against the basket. Theres a gap and the washer is just floating. I tried spinning it, pulling the lever and it wont go in all the way flush. Is this normal?

The rod does go in and out a tiny bit when I pull the lever but I honestly dont know if the correct amount.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok noticed the thrust washer with bearings was on the inside, thats what was floating, it was not in between the rod and the pressure plate. I also noticed the all the spacers have dimples, now when I watched the video the guy said the 250 spacers didnt have the dimples and the 400ex did, all mine do, maybe the guy that built this put in all 400ex plates. I just thought about it, the guy used a micrometer to measure, 250 was 1.5 and the ex was 2. Going to measure them now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked up a digital micrometer and they are 1.5mm so they are R plates.

Going to order the mod parts, but Im going to put it back together to see if the thrush washer was the issue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it back together and now its not engaging. Thinking the fibers might be worn (not sure have to find out how thick they are) or the pressure plate is worn where the thrust washer goes. I have some pictures will up load them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. Thought I had ordered a second one but noticed they were discontinued, I got something same thickness but not quite as large diameter . Could I use a normal (no bearing) washer along with the original?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Finally figured it out it was the clutch lever arm, the mode worked great, lever pull is much easier. I how ever did not use the second thrust washer. This mod is 100% worth doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts