Honda TRX250R Forums banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Looks good. As for as the hose goes, I cleaned my original one up really good and made sure it wasn’t cracking or anything. I looked and didn’t really find too much to replace it with, but maybe someone else could let you know
Yeah I have a couple OE hoses was wanting a new one I’ll have to keep looking I’m sure I can find something.

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Yes, looking good!

I cleaned and reused my OEM hose, too. If you need one, there are some on eBay.

Alternatively, there are fancy billet reservoirs that replace the hose and plastic reservoir altogether if that’s something you’re into.

I’d imagine if you found the correct ID braided hose it would work just fine too, but it wouldn't have the the factory bend/shape.
Yeah not to much of a fan of those I have the OE hose if I can’t find anything new to use

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I ordered the trail tech vapor gauge display beacause I wanted the coolant temp function, MPH, and distance but it also has a few other functions like warning lights and shift lights. I was unsure if I could make this work but I did specifically mounting a rotor magnet and the pick up sensor. Here’s what I did. I realized the rotor bolt magnets it came with would not work so I used the magnet in the kit that has a C clip. I picked a spot on the rotor drilled a 3/8 hole but the rotor was to thick to get the C clip on the backside so I had to remove some material on the rotor.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs
Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Gear Tire

Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle brake Bicycle part

After I got that in place I had to modify the pick up sensor to fit in a spot I found to be perfect
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Bumper Road surface

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle tire Crankset Vehicle brake

after it was all mounted I spun the wheel and it picked up a signal on the display so it worked. Then I moved on to mounting the display and made brackets for the 8 inch light bar.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Wiring diagram I’m working on with the DRW ignition. DRW ignition side is floated and I will be floating the lighting side running into a reg/rec to charge a battery. Also runing a ktm ignition to activate a relay to power a fuse block for all my accessories when key is on and kill switch when off.
Handwriting Rectangle Wood Font Line

Wood Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
working on rebuilding a stock motor with all new bottom end bearings, new wiseco piston 67.5 mm. Currently trying to figure out squish. The stock 3 piece gasket measures like .090 and my piston is about .011 in the hole along with the head squish band about .012 adding up around .113 of squish. Trying to figure out what to do without getting my head reshaped and running a thinner gasket. (Trying to stay on pump fuel) and a .015 base gasket. Top ring gap at .012 and 2nd ring at .015 gap
Picture frame Gas Personal protective equipment Machine Metal

121 - 139 of 139 Posts