Honda TRX250R Forums banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Been supper busy lately but here’s a small update. I torqued down the ball joints on the arms but they kept on spinning so I used a ratchet strap around the A arms to put pressure on the joints allowing me to tighten the nuts
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire

Also got the calipers on and started to figure out my front brake lines. I purchased streamline +2 off of eBay and this is how I mounted the 3 way block it’s just 1x1 angle aluminum shaped how I wanted it.
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Automotive tire Bicycle accessory

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bicycle tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exterior Rim

I then pressed in the swing arm bearings and temporary mounted it to frame.
Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Bicycle fork Wood

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Anybody have recommendations on stem height and bar set up? I’m 6’2” also will be running a desert tank since most of my desert trail rides I do are 30-90 miles long

·
Registered
735 Posts
Anybody have recommendations on stem height and bar set up? I’m 6’2” also will be running a desert tank since most of my desert trail rides I do are 30-90 miles long
I’d recommend Precision bar clamps or Flexx bars - they make a huge difference. They also add some height to your setup. For example, I have the Precision bar clamps and they add ~1/2” in additional height. There’s also the Urmosi SBC clamps that were recently released.

To clear a desert tank alone, you’ll likely need a +1/+1 stem at a minimum. A lot of people will run +2/+1 to clear and also for their height.

I’m 6’1” and have an IMS 4 gal tank with a +1/+1 stem and Precision clamps. It clears my tank just fine and the extra height (~1-1/2” total) feels very comfortable to me.

·
Registered
1986 250R
219 Posts
Looking good. I heard getting those nylocks tight on the ball joints is tough, becuase the joint spins. So I can see why you used the strap.
Im going to have to do the same with mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Anyone running elka legacy with rebound? Specifically with long travel arms? Need opinions really want motowoz but there 1,200 more. I’m also not a racer but will ride hard at times just looking for something that I will be happy with don’t want to get beat to death across the desert or dunes. I also understand how to tune the shocks for me with whatever route I go. Motowoz shocks would be fully adjustable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So I’m still around got busy with other projects but it’s time to continue this one. I bought a radiator, hoses, bars and got my piviot works linkage rebuild kit. Going to be ordering soon elka stage 3 long travel, rear lone star +4 axle, anti fade and carrier bearing. Looking into getting bead lock wheels but unsure if I really need them. Think I will be running a 21” front tire 4/1 9x20” rear 3/5. Anybody see any issues or have opinions on bead locks for long desert rides needed or not?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Went and bought another complete 250r that runs needs a carb rebuild tho went and picked it up mainly because of all the new parts in boxes tho. Rear dominator 2 axle, carrier bearing, anti fade, seat cover, bolt kit, gusset kit, BDT foot pegs and new full bore plastics
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Well I mocked up rear axle to find out what other parts I need. Used the old shocks and tires to make a temporary roller anyone know the easiest way to get the front of the seat to sit flush? Heat up and bend pan? Also I need to figure out how to mount the front fenders
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1986 250R
219 Posts
Looking good. Yes, you can heat the pan up a bit and bend it so it will sit flush. When I put my fourwerx cover on I had to do that becuase there wasn’t much stretch in it and pulled the pan back slightly.
Keep it going!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Looking good. Yes, you can heat the pan up a bit and bend it so it will sit flush. When I put my fourwerx cover on I had to do that becuase there wasn’t much stretch in it and pulled the pan back slightly.
Keep it going!!
Cool I’ll give it a shot. Kinda need a taller seat foam tho too

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
Today I disassembled the front master cylinder cleaned it up, cleaned the hell out of air box and mounted it along with a new brake reservoir from eBay , mounted rear master cylinder, rebuilt rear caliper, installed one foot peg, routed my rear brake line, took all the electrical tape of the electrical system and cleaned it up also temporary ran the wires, installed a TM chain roller , and installed a BVC sprocket gaurd. Currently I have a steering stem on order, motowoz shocks and a few other odds and ends.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

61 - 80 of 117 Posts