36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Before
White Automotive tire Bumper Wood Motor vehicle
Wood Automotive tire Road surface Gas Asphalt

After
Wood Road surface Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Gas
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Tire

BVC Offroad gusset kit. Didn’t like how the upper shock gusset fit so I modified it
Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

Been a long day but 8 hrs later I cut out lower frame motor mounts they were 7/8x7/8 16 gauge. I replaced with 1x1 16 gauge ( 7/8 square tube is not local) and used the BVC lower motor mounts that I had to modify a bit and bend. Sub frame gussets went right in. Swing arm area gusset had to modify and shape to fit but that was expected.
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Rim Wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Asphalt

i know most ppl will grind down the factory welds around the swing arm bolt so the tube will clear but instead I notched the tube and made the job way faster and easier
Hand Wood Finger Gesture Hardwood

Overall the BVC kit seems okay but expect some bending and grinding to fit especially the swing arm gusset.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Light Black Finger Personal protective equipment Gas
Hand Automotive tire Gesture Finger Thumb

nothing to exciting yet, but rebuilt one caliper and there’s was a lot of junk inside. On another note I ordered +2+1 MGC long travel arms from JD performance that should be here in 3-4 weeks time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Rear master cylinder piston was seized after trying wd40/ air/ heat still wouldn’t budge. I drilled a hole into the piston and used a wood skrew, pliers and a hammer to get it out.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle brake Automotive wheel system
Hand Automotive tire Finger Thumb Circle
Household hardware Wood Fastener Gas Auto part

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
In a attempt to rebuild my rear caliper the rods that hold the pads in were seized in there bad. I got one pin out but the other I ended up striping it and spent 2 hrs trying to get it out. I tried everything I could think of. Ended up drilling through the head trying to get it but it’s pretty much trashed at this point. Looking for other options on a rear caliper set up need some input here lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had a parts lot on ebay that nobody bought that had a disassembled rear caliper. If your interested in it let me know & I can send pics.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah I am. Unless there’s another route I should go?
There's a dirtbike caliper people use, I think it's from a YZ but it's not necessarily an upgrade. Only thing your gaining there is the lack of a park brake option so there's no special piston or an extra hole to leak but parts & or alternatives are still available for oem calipers & when there rebuilt they work awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
There's a dirtbike caliper people use, I think it's from a YZ but it's not necessarily an upgrade. Only thing your gaining there is the lack of a park brake option so there's no special piston or an extra hole to leak but parts & or alternatives are still available for oem calipers & when there rebuilt they work awesome.
Yeah I need to find a caliper then

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here's the caliper I have for sale. The bracket has some rash on it but it will still work like it should:

·
Registered
390 Posts
$40 paypal as friends & family or $40 plus the fee's & that will include shipping either way for the caliper, piston's & mounting bracket.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts