Honda TRX250R Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Frame back from blasting. Hopefully in two days I can knock out the frame repair and gusseting
Road surface Asphalt Wood Grass Automotive tire

·
Registered
390 Posts
Given the fact there just flat delrin washers I would say they most likely don't seal or keep anything from getting in there. If the bushings are machined to the same specs as the original steel bushings than you should be able to put the stock seals back in for some protection or maybe just use o-rings between the washers & linkage

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Given the fact there just flat delrin washers I would say they most likely don't seal or keep anything from getting in there. If the bushings are machined to the same specs as the original steel bushings than you should be able to put the stock seals back in for some protection or maybe just use o-rings between the washers & linkage
Yeah it doesn't look that great. I couldn’t imagine getting sand in there and wearing it out quickly but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looking into a long travel set up if anybody has any suggestions on shocks and A arms. I know about Roll design and lone star. So far lone star is 3 months out. I’m not in a hurry but if I wait a few months to buy suspension then have to wait another 3-4 months after purchasing that will be a big hold up. Might just have to bite the bullet and order very soon. So far K B motor sports recommended me to run lone star Dc-4 A arms and Elka legacy with rebound adjustment shipped to me for about 2500-2600$ next step above that I’d want to possibly run elka stage 4s so I can have full adjustability but about 1,000$ more. I called 2 other places but 1 was quick to get off the phone and another didn’t seem very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Given the fact there just flat delrin washers I would say they most likely don't seal or keep anything from getting in there. If the bushings are machined to the same specs as the original steel bushings than you should be able to put the stock seals back in for some protection or maybe just use o-rings between the washers & linkage they are not just flat washers.i machine them to seal and fit flush just like the oem washers.
Automotive tire Wood Rim Material property Gas

Wrench Wood Bicycle part Metalworking hand tool Gas

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Yeah it doesn't look that great. I couldn’t imagine getting sand in there and wearing it out quickly but I could be wrong.
they are not just flat washers.i machine each one to fit on or in the link and make the shoulder to keep dirt and dust out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
they are not just flat washers.i machine each one to fit on or in the link and make the shoulder to keep dirt and dust out.
Are those little washers rubber or what are they? My problem is my linkage is not perfectly round where the washers sit so the rubber will seal and fit better

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ima try to give them a call later maybe they can get me some faster than 3 months. How’s there quality? Have you ran them?
I just ordered a set of their +2/+1 MGC LT arms a couple weeks ago. They quoted me 8-10 weeks, but thought it would be sooner. That said, I can’t speak to the quality or give a ride report yet. However, Debbie was great to deal with on the phone, answering all of my questions and helping me with my selections. Also, Dave, who builds the arms, came from Laeger, so I don’t expect there to be any issues.

They build to order and can customize as you need - +0 to +3 wide, +0 or +1 forward, long or standard travel, spindle setup, and max ground clearance.

One downside is they currently only offer black PC and they don’t have the needle bearing upgrade due to supply issues. I went with bare to PC myself.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just ordered a set of their +2/+1 MGC LT arms a couple weeks ago. They quoted me 8-10 weeks, but thought it would be sooner. That said, I can’t speak to the quality or give a ride report yet. However, Debbie was great to deal with on the phone, answering all of my questions and helping me with my selections. Also, Dave, who builds the arms, came from Laeger, so I don’t expect there to be any issues.

They build to order and can customize as you need - +0 to +3 wide, +0 or +1 forward, long or standard travel, spindle setup, and max ground clearance.

One downside is they currently only offer black PC and they don’t have the needle bearing upgrade due to supply issues. I went with bare to PC myself.
Funny timing - Debbie just called to take the balance of the payment and let me know that the arms are shipping next week. It’ll only be 4 weeks total for my order.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Cool I’ll call tomorrow

21 - 40 of 54 Posts