Honda TRX250R Forums banner
181 - 184 of 184 Posts

· Super Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
So my shocks and nerf gaurds are shipping out next week finally. Tuning my motor right now. I’m running 110 octane at 40:1 mix 38mmSB carb with a 50 pilot jet 175 main jet and I landed on a DEJ needle in 4th clip position. Runs good but man does the lack of torque suck below 4,000rpm. Once it hits 4,000 rpm it pulls hard. I guess I’m just used to my ktm 300 with a broad power band. But this thing runs so cold, hottest it gets is 117 degrees and that’s with a probe in the coolent on upper radiator hose and a separate temp reading between radiator fins also verified with a infrared pointing at cylinder. Only 5 degree difference between all 3. Doesent appear to be running rich, very little smoke out the exahust and overall condition of the plug is dark brown. So I decided to block most of radiator with cardboard hottest it gets is 137 degrees with it blocked this much.. ambient temp is 55 degrees. Any ideas/ recommendations?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Wheel Gas

· Super Moderator
817 Posts
The airbox looks good! Glad your shocks are finally coming… I know how long you’ve been waiting on them. That’s really bizarre on your engine temps - I’ve never heard of anyone running too cold like this before.

· Super Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
The airbox looks good! Glad your shocks are finally coming… I know how long you’ve been waiting on them. That’s really bizarre on your engine temps - I’ve never heard of anyone running too cold like this before.
Thanks! Yeah it’s not an oversized radiator ither. Yesterday was 62 degrees out and I got it up to 145-150 with the cardboard block

181 - 184 of 184 Posts