Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the frame i just picked up. Im going to build another dune/drag R. Im going more drag on this build than i did my other. It already has some of the tabs cut off, especially on the subframe. It has the linkage mount already shaved and a few other things.

It already has a drag stem/handlebar. [email protected] Man Chassis done it. I plan on having him do some work to the frame/subframe to try and lighten it up some more.

Its going to take awhile to finish, but its going to be fun for me!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up some nice OEM plastics this weekend! They are in perfect shape almost, but the fronts have been shaved. :mellow: They were to good of a deal to pass up though!

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
will probably have a CPI cylinder on it. :D
Welcome to the new age of high tech sleeveless cylinders! My question after looking at the cylinder is Port What?

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
Im confused Puma? Port What? :huh:
The CP Industries cylinders do not have a steel sleeve that is pressed in that needs to be match ported like pro-x cylinders. They have already been designed to meet the needs of the piston you are going to use. In other words Calvins cylinder need no porting to kick azz.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It currently has a broke 2nd gear. Im going to let Tim decide on what to do with the tranny. I want to make it as strong as possible. Going with a Lectron set up for alky, not sure on size yet, also going to run a oof pipe.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good, them boys couldn't beat the 310 wait till this is done lol. I see some good vids in the future.
I hope it runs good once i get done with it. BTW You going to Planet Sand next month over in LA?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts