Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger my dad raced his Lrd built 91 lt250 and it was some of my best memories as a kid.
I’m getting back into quads and knew I couldn’t buy anything but a badass two stroke. Ended up finding an 88 trx in fairly rough shape but running.
Over the last year I slowly upgraded parts such as vforce reeds, new 38mm carb ext.
Finally my motor Blew up 6 months ago so I decided it was time to completely tear it down and restart.
I’ll do a parts build list but I ended up gusseting the frame with the full pumashine kit and replacing every single bushing, bearing, clip, and bolt brand new.
Power plant is a new built LED 370 with brand new LED gears. Complete rebuild and port job. New led 350j pipe and muffler

Frame is powder coated illusion cherry and turned out perfect (very hard to see in pictures)
Here’s some pictures from where I started to where I’m at now
So far a 4 month process

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am keeping a few original oem parts on the bike, including the frame, air box, 89 swing arm, rebuilt oem shock by Schmidty racing, oem white plastics, brakes, and ignition
Some more pictures of updates.
New lsr hubs front and rear, new ac bumpers front and gear
Just got the motor back from Arlan and I couldn’t be more excited!
Lonestar axle is here, just waiting on a arms to be here next week

Attachments

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
very nice. you could not have picked a better engine builder. are you running his HPI ignitions ? he has a you tube post on this set up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys. I’m pretty happy with how things have turned out so far. From what everyone says about the 370 it’s gonna rip.
I’m gonna work on it today then I’ll post some more updates. Very last thing I’m waiting on is a arms
Not running an HPI ignition at this point, but I will be upgrading soon after I get everything together. From what I hear it makes quite the difference

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update, didn’t quite get it done in the time frame I wanted to, but also didn’t have wanna rush and be unhappy with the results! A arms are here and installing them now, spindles gave me some trouble and the upper right side will not slide alll the way in for some reason. Gonna grind it down and go from there 🏽 Will update again after I get another day to work on it!

Pipe is on and it looks killer!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it basically all together besides the gas tank! Really wanting alba nerf bars and alba bead locks to finish it off but that will have to wait. Will be starting it up and riding tomorrow!
Thanks for the compliments guys, I love this thing! Can’t wait to throw down on some 450s

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Parts list:
1988 stock frame with full pumashine gusset kit
LED 370 full build with LED gears 1-6
LED pipe with new silencer
Vforce 3 reeds
38mm a/s carb
K & n air filter
+2 +1 Lonestar a arms
Works front shocks
Streamline front and rear steel brake lines
Pro taper bars
Asv levers
Fresh start stop switch (s/o to atv guy)
Ac front and rear bumper
Lonestar +4 extended axle
LSR front and rear hubs
New carrier, every single bushing, bearing and gasket replaced.
Full chrome bolt kit
Holeshots front and rear

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Are you getting new fenders? What color? Black would probably look best, but white or carbon could look cool too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep! I have white oem plastics but they really need to be sanded down, I don’t like the look of them with the red either.
Hoping to find some red plastics with a black hood and gonna do a black sticker kit I found!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts