Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the s/n on my 87 Honda 4trax 250r i live in California and have no papers on the bike it was given to me my pops brought it off some guy out if state is thus normal with no s/n plate or number stamp because my 450r has numbers

·
Registered
141 Posts
All Honda frames have a vin tag & they have all been given there own specific combo of letters/numbers so if the vin tag is missing & you don't have the title or any other paperwork showing the vin number than there's no way to register it. Don't take it to the DMV & show them, they may think it's stolen if the tag is gone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You could always try to find a used frame with title and either swap everything over to it or take the vin tag off and weld it on your R.

·
Registered
471 Posts
All Honda frames DO NOT have a vin number. A lot of replacement frames were sold through Honda but did no come with vin plates or numbers. The thinking by Honda was if your frame was trashed you were supposed to cut off the vin numbers and weld or transfer them to the new replacement frame....A lot of people did not thus a lot of trx250r frames are out there without vin numbers...I sold several of these replacement frames when working for Honda back in the day. that's how I have knowledge of this....I suggest here in California you take the bare frame to the local CHP and ask them what to do....

·
Registered
471 Posts
I see this issue of the vin numbers being missing all the time...But I never have seen anyone mention this problem with the left side cover serial number plate as this is also part of the registration yet people trade left covers all the time with zero issues

·
Registered
104 Posts
My frame is an 88 the vin is stamped on the front between the shocks. It has no other ID tags on it. It’s really hard to see due to powder coat. I’m fairly new to the Rs. Do they all have it there?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
the 88-89 frames have the vin stamped oin the front and the 86-87 frames have the vin on a little plate on the bottom left subrame rail i cant remember if its infront or behind the shock resivoir i have it all torn apart. and on the problem you can find a frame and a arms here for less than 500 if you are willing to go that route but then you have to powder coat on top of that and these guys are alot more knowledgeable than me on this stuff i am kinda new too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts