Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!,Am somewhat new to the TRX world. Just trying to find my NICHE so to speak with these machines. Please re-direct me if in wrong forum.
I know there is not a "DO IT ALL" bike so to speak. But my question is: Can you use a moto cross/track quad on a gncc track? or a flat track bike with knobby tyres on a xc/gncc track? Whats the differences? Does gncc use longer a-arms? Does track use longer a-arms? Or vice versa? Does xc use longer or shorter swing arms,etc..etc..? I guess just trying to find the right set-ups.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd say a little bit of a compromise between MX and GNCC would be best. Wider A-arms, but not as wide as they get. You don't need to vary the swingarm length for MX/GNCC. Try to get your shocks in a range where you can switch from MX to woods with clickers. Do you do the big triple every time? If not, it will be much easier since you won't have to change springs. Now tires: you do want two sets. Your 2-ply MX tires will not hold up in the woods. And your 6-ply woods tires will weigh too much and be too blocky for MX unless it's raining. If there is any hardpack the woods tires will also be sub-optimal. You'll want two sets of wheels also.

Don't try to use a flattrack bike for anything else. Your MX/GNCC setup isn't going to be compatible with this unless you are doing it only for fun. You really want a separate set of shocks and a swaybar for flattrack. And you'll need a third set of wheels and tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts