Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is not much detail on the site about 4-stroke motor work.

I want to build a big bore 300ex motor and just wondering if you can get powroll products or
do I have to order them and send them to you? I still want to be able to run pump gas so
is a big bore kit a better way to go then head porting/ valve job and boring out?

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
There is not much detail on the site about 4-stroke motor work.

I want to build a big bore 300ex motor and just wondering if you can get powroll products or
do I have to order them and send them to you? I still want to be able to run pump gas so
is a big bore kit a better way to go then head porting/ valve job and boring out?

We can bore it out, and still run pump gas depending on the compression ratio of the piston. I am a powroll dealer, so you dont have to worry about getting the parts, i can get any of them for you, and assemble it. Id reccomend a clean up of the ports, a performance cam, and do a bore job/piston. At the same time..while the valves are out change the valve guide seals. This would wake it up quite a bit.

What do you plan on running for an exhaust?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE(ADMIN @ Dec 28 2007, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1014We can bore it out, and still run pump gas depending on the compression ratio of the piston. I am a powroll dealer, so you dont have to worry about getting the parts, i can get any of them for you, and assemble it. Id reccomend a clean up of the ports, a performance cam, and do a bore job/piston. At the same time..while the valves are out change the valve guide seals. This would wake it up quite a bit.

What do you plan on running for an exhaust?

What I think I'm interested in is the 350cc kit but with the 78mm bore instead of 80 so no case machining is required. The 300cc kit might be O.k. too with some head mods. If I get a stroker can
you send it in for mods? If you want to pm me some estimates of cost so I can figure out which way I want to go. I have several motor options. I have a 250X that is kinda rough and needs some parts, a 98 300ex that has a busted case and needs a few gears and a 2005 mint stock motor that is ready to run as is. I have a supertrapp ids pipe that I'll be running and was looking at either an edelbrock carb or lectron.

Also, would there be any interest in trading some work for some 250R parts? I have a Laeger frame, roll stem, LSR axle, Like new +3 Laeger A-arms.

350cc PREMIUM KIT - WORCS CLASS LEGAL

● TRX 250X = 80mm BORE, +12.7mm STROKE, 11:1 COMP

● TRX 300EX = 80mm BORE, +4.5mm STROKE, 11:1 COMP

With an awesome power increase of over 80%, this kit runs strong and still has great longevity.

REQUIREMENTS: Rejetting. Your cylinder and cases will need to be modified (cylinder re-sleeving and case machining). Send you crank for modification, read our General Product Info page for information on shipping cranks to us. Stroke work done on your good stock crank, additional parts, if needed, will be extra.

RECOMMENDATIONS: Engines operating at or near sea level may run better with a race gas mix. Powroll recommends either a White Brothers E Series or a Supertrapp IDS2 complete exhaust system with this kit. We recommend hardfaced rockers for best reliability.

350cc KIT ORDER:

● BORE KIT #00298
● STROKER #16053 (250X) -or- #16054 (300ex)
● CAMSHAFT #12733
● VALVE SPRINGS #24029
● HARDFACE ROCKERS #23004
● VALVE SPRINGS #24029
● CARB KIT #20526
● AIRBOX LID #46001

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I will PM you some pricing on that kit monday , and we will go from there! I do not need any R parts as of right now, im pretty much set with mine. Ill let you know though! thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts