Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
That's his MO....
Telling it like it is; is my MO...

really?thats whey arlan had issues also and now changed something.
Interesting how others have issues, make negative statements, and don't get attacked.

Hello Carlos, there have been NO complaints on Motor City Spark Ignitions. Its unfortunate that you promote and run your business this way.
I post based on first hand experience, it's "unfortunate" you see experiences as an attack and not constructive criticism, I have no skin in the IGN game, unlike MCSI. Anyone can purchase 250R stock IGN's or CR250R IGN's new or used from any source, not just BDT Motorsports.

To be clear; the one MCSI IGN I have seen come through BDT, did not perform equally to a good stock OEM 250R IGN, and not to a CR250R IGN (not even close) on a ATC/TRX250R 85-89 on seat of the pants testing & Dyno runs on the BDT Dyno.

Carlos

·
Registered
214 Posts
Carlos can you post the dyno results so we can compare them? That would be some great information to have so forum members can make an educated decision. Don't be offended, but your "word" doesn't carry much weight. Actual physical dyno printouts do.......
Loren

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know a fella who has an early hpi ignition on his pilot cylinder engine. He has a kickback issue. When his buddy gets on his R and kicks it with authority (like you are supposed to kick over a high compression bigbore) it doesn't have any kickback.
Darren, correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you had issues with stock, CR, and now hpi ignitions?
That sure is a string of bad luck.....
Loren

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Carlos can you post the dyno results so we can compare them? That would be some great information to have so forum members can make an educated decision. Don't be offended, but your "word" doesn't carry much weight. Actual physical dyno printouts do.......
Loren

You were doing fine, till this misguided statement; "your "word" doesn't carry much weight. Actual physical dyno printouts do"....

Neither is True to facts; the first "word" needs no debating as it's a totally ignorant comment, the second "actual Physical dyno printout do", I used to post Dyno sheets, and got nothing but grief, as some would not accept the results....even from straight of the DynoJet printouts.

If MCSI want's to send BDT a ATC/TRX250R IGN to test run on the BDT Dyno vs Stock 250R IGN or CR250R IGN, I would be more than glad to post the results. That offer is Open to MCSI or HPI....either one or both are welcome to come to BDT and participate in all the Dyno IGN runs & test. Can't have more clarity than that....

Carlos

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah that's the answer I figured you would give......
So you won't back up your bold statement?

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I understand you have issues, specially with the Truth, Facts and Reality. Answers bound by those words, obviously scare you.

My offer & invitation to test HPI & MCSI IGN's vs Stock 250R & CR250r IGN's on the BDT Dyno is more than fair, and a lot more than any other Builder has offered to do to date. I can say categorically your so-called builder doesn't own nor knows what a Dyno is, therefore wouldn't expect any type of clarity or fact based results coming from that end of town.

Carlos

·
Registered
315 Posts
I understand you have issues, specially with the Truth, Facts and Reality. Answers bound by those words, obviously scare you.

My offer & invitation to test HPI & MCSI IGN's vs Stock 250R & CR250r IGN's on the BDT Dyno is more than fair, and a lot more than any other Builder has offered to do to date. I can say categorically your so-called builder doesn't own nor knows what a Dyno is, therefore wouldn't expect any type of clarity or fact based results coming from that end of town.

Carlos
rmao. hahahahaha.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts

Carlos
Yep typical Carlos answer...
Evade Evade Evade Evade....
Deflect Deflect Deflect....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Only problem I've had with oem is bad stator and flywheel, my last cr I don't know what the he'll was up with that one. This hpi I'll go in tdc give it a big kick and it kicks back so hard it blows my foot off.. I'm done with it and arlan. Action hooked me up with a good deal on a 02 and I'll see. Cr ignitions are the best upgrade.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

Carlos
its unfortunate that you are describing a well know national engine builder Arlen at LED and a legend. like he was a backyard lawnmower mechanic. thats compleatly disrespectfull to such a great guy and well respected gentleman.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
its unfortunate that you are describing a well know national engine builder Arlen at LED and a legend. like he was a backyard lawnmower mechanic. thats compleatly disrespectfull to such a great guy and well respected gentleman.
It's very "unfortunate" you can't read or comprehend; never mentioned said builder or company, my comment was not directed towards him, therefore I couldn't have been "disrespectful"...your false accusations are quite "disrespectful" to everyone that sees through your BS.

And now you are "disrespecting"...."Lawn Mower Mechanics"; what's wrong with "Lawn Mower Mechanics"...? LOL

Carlos

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
you are clearly a jerk. your comment was directed to THE NORM and his engine builder and you know that arlen is building his engines. what a piece of work you are

21 - 40 of 41 Posts