Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im want to get my head squish machined i have a friend who can do it in his lathe, he thinks that the water outlet will have to be removed to get it in his 4 jaw chuck i had a go today to remove it am i correct in saying its a pressed fit! has any body removed one before and did you use some heat,or does anybody know or think that you dont have to remove it . cheers paul

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
hi all im want to get my head squish machined i have a friend who can do it in his lathe, he thinks that the water outlet will have to be removed to get it in his 4 jaw chuck i had a go today to remove it am i correct in saying its a pressed fit! has any body removed one before and did you use some heat,or does anybody know or think that you dont have to remove it . cheers paul
Nope, all the Water Jackets on the 250R are not just pressed in, they have a special fine thread or groves and epoxy in place as well. The Head Water Outlet is critical, and very prone to leaking or failing, reason why you see 250R heads with Welded or Epoxied Water Outlets....BIG mistake to remove it...!

Really no reason to remove the WO (Water Outlet) if you have a good Machinist to do the job correctly. BDT has cut hundreds of OEM heads and never removed a single WO.

Carlos

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, all the Water Jackets on the 250R are not just pressed in, they have a special fine thread or groves and epoxy in place as well. The Head Water Outlet is critical, and very prone to leaking or failing, reason why you see 250R heads with Welded or Epoxied Water Outlets....BIG mistake to remove it...!

Really no reason to remove the WO (Water Outlet) if you have a good Machinist to do the job correctly. BDT has cut hundreds of OEM heads and never removed a single WO.

Carlos
ok thanks carlos hope i havent caused any future issues with it as i have turned it around a few times thinking it was threaded initially i will give it him as it is he is a good engineer so sure he will master it thanks paul.

·
Registered
384 Posts
once mine moved. it leaked. had 2 hav bdt tig it around. no leaks now

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah a good possibility its going to now,once i get head done ill stick it on run it see if it does ill probably take the head off after a while any way to inspect ill get it tigged up then if it is leaking cheers paul

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
The WO is a problem area on 250R's once the WO has been moved or hit. Best to clean well, and TIG weld all around to prevent issues, otherwise when hot it will fall off and can cause engine damage.

Carlos

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all wish i had asked before touching it but more knowledge gained i suppose.i have another question but ill start a different post as its a seperate topic cheers paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts