Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love these kinds of discussions. I’m not familiar with any of these big bore builds and I’m always trying to figure out where the “sweet spot” is for what I would want in a future build.

The balancing test between cost/reliability/Rideability/stability is hard to nail down.

I love all things about my simple OEM cylinder. . . Except when I want to blow someone’s doors off. How much I am willing to pay/give up for that ability is not something I have reconciled yet.
It honestly all depends on how much fun you have with what you got. I've ridden with plenty of guys that could blow the doors off my OEM cylinder R in a straight line but 95% of them couldn't or can't even come close to keeping up once we hit the trails. Puts a smile on my face every time & to me that's priceless.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the bdt saber is wicked n brutal quad. mi fav is bdt261 n bdt431 puma. puma is unbelievable fast.
bdt363 is 2 much trike 4 me. im not trike guy. putting the bdt ceo391 in ls frame. dune machine.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
the bdt saber is wicked n brutal quad. mi fav is bdt261 n bdt431 puma. puma is unbelievable fast.
bdt363 is 2 much trike 4 me. im not trike guy. putting the bdt ceo391 in ls frame. dune machine.
Do I understand you are putting a CEO 391 in the trike? What is the reasoning of putting in the CEO391 over the prox 363? Is the 363 not a duner?

·
Registered
384 Posts
bdt391 ceo in lone star quad.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
I run a conventional ESR cylinder built by BDT. 420 big bore, 81mm bore 5mm stroke. The bike is very very fast. With the high compression 41mm carb amd BDT wurks pipe I am going to guess the motor makes about 70-73 hp and the torque is amazing!
I still have every intention of going 431 puma when this one gets tired...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone have a problem running the carb bowl dry on long pulls. Like 6th wot. Maybe my float is sticking. I have 330, 38 pwk, and a pingel. I was running down the road it just ran out. It has happened twice on different occasions. I don’t like when it happens its essentially running it lean for a sec. anywho thought I would pick some big bore brains. Lol 😝 Thanks guys. Don’t mean to hijack thread.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have that problem. I have a pingle with 5/16 fuel lines. I ran the line so it would have an uninterrupted flow. Check your gas cap, gas cap vent, carb vents, and float system.
Loren

·
Registered
384 Posts
i run pingel n drilled gas cap. no prob.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
Yup as stated above, drill the gas cap and run a pingle valve, never worry about a dry bowl...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m running a free flow hose, pingel, the cap is drilled and the stock petcock is gone. Gotta be carb somewhere. I’d really like a short body. Thanks guys 🍻

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have a drilled cap and I use one of the evil billet vent caps lol. I also don't have a short body carb. I never have fuel bowl issues! I do check that my vent works every time I add fuel to my tank......
Loren

21 - 31 of 31 Posts