Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my last ride I ran out of gas so I just mixed up a quick gallon of gas with some two stroke oil from the gas station and I’m sure I mixed to much oil, I figured to much oil was better than to less since I was eye balling the amount, I rode it a quick mile home and when I got home I emptied the tank and put the correct normal mix back in my bike, now it won’t hit powerband and there’s more than normal wet black oil coming from the exhaust head and a little spitting coming from spark plug , I went thru the carbs and cleaned the jetts and even changed a few plugs but I’m still getting no power band and it feels like I have the choke on, any ideas? It’s going to a professional next week but did I flood the cylinder with mixing too much oil? Oh and compression seems good and it will fire right up and idle fine it’s just the powerband

·
Registered
68 Posts
By adding more oil to the fuel than you’re jetted for with your usual premix ratio you leaned it out but you drained that and put your normal mix in so it shouldn’t have hurt anything. Did you check compression with a gauge or you’re judging by kicking it over? How long are you riding it before stopping because it’s breaking up? I have to ride mine for a good few minutes before it clears out and runs smooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By adding more oil to the fuel than you’re jetted for with your usual premix ratio you leaned it out but you drained that and put your normal mix in so it shouldn’t have hurt anything. Did you check compression with a gauge or you’re judging by kicking it over? How long are you riding it before stopping because it’s breaking up? I have to ride mine for a good few minutes before it clears out and runs smooth.
I didn’t check compression with a gauge just by feel, I let it warm up and take it up and Down the road a few times it just doesn’t have the powerband anymore, and it still smokes more than usual but like I said this happened right after I ran it rich and I’m gonna get a new plug and try riding a little longer but somethings not right and the carb is clean

·
Registered
68 Posts
You said you changed the plug a few times. It’s possible the coil boot came loose and isn’t making a full connection. You can unscrew it and cut 1/4” off your coil wire and put the boot back on just to rule that out. That will make it run shitty. Since you ran it lean for the ride home it’s possible you did some damage and now it’s not running right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts