Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Not new to the site although this is a new account, memory faded and couldn’t remember old log in or password. Anyways I’ve been out of the game for awhile, sold all my riding stuff when my daughter was born. Long story short she is now 5 going on 6 and has been bitten by the riding bug and has been pestering me for a motor bike as she calls them and now I’ve gotten the itch again as well, but will not settle for anything other than our beloved R or 2 stroke bike. Seems that things have changed since I’ve been out and good machines and parts are getting harder to come by. I know this is the community to be in for this exact reason, so if anyone out there near western Illinois has anything please let me know. Any year would be acceptable but would prefer an 88 or 89 with 89 being first choice. And if anyone has a kids quad let me know on that as well, I haven’t had much luck finding her one either. Sorry for the lengthy post but like I said I’ve been away for awhile and super stoked to have the chance at sharing something I enjoy with my daughter. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thats really cool your daughter is wanting to get into "motor bikes" at 5. I put my kid on an e-ton 90 at 5, he just turned 8 two weeks ago & still riding the same "ging ging". Thats what he used to call 2-strokes.lol. My little sister made us matching shirts with the Honda wing that say "ging ging riders for life"...... Good luck finding the bikes your looking for & enjoy every moment riding with your little one.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think after you see today's post covid pricing you may rethink it. The average clapped out 250R that used to cost 2k after the 4 pokes came out is now 5-6k, when you used to be able to buy fully aftermarket race machines for 5500-6500, they are now 15k. I'm glad I'm not in the buying phase, it wouldn't appeal to me anymore. The fb pages have a lot more action on them, but everybody on there is looking to rip you for the money possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a cool story Scrappy thank you for sharing. It’s amazing the amount of joy out little ones can bring us. It was a very proud father moment when my daughter heard me watching an old race and immediately could tell what it was and said “Daddy I love motorbikes, can I watch with you?” And what you alluded to 250Renvy is kind of what I was fearing. I expected to pay a bit more due to everything going up in price these days but the well has seemingly gone dry in my area, no quads or bikes to speak of. Of all the things I’ve gotten rid of in the past, the 87 I had is by FAR my biggest regret. But, like the saying goes “If I only knew then, what I know now” It will be hard to convince the wife but it would also be hard to not overpay a bit for a solid R, The search will continue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey just saw your post, I don't know if you're northwestern IL but I'm out northeast towards the city and I'm perusing for stuff all the time. Came across a couple R's one in Rockford ('88 for 4k) and one in Freeport ('86 for 6k). Here are the links, hope that helps you out.

P.S. my boy just turned 1 and can't wait to get him out riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts