Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas for rear long travel without spending a fortune on cr500 linkage swingarm any compatible parts 450r 400ex info much appreciated chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
Schmidty Racing Suspensions
He can give you just about an extra 2" inches of travel and he's cheap. I had him do my stock rear shock and the suspension soaks it up like a champ.
However when you call him you need to tell him swing arm length, riding style, body weight and color you want the spring. The only thing I wasn't happy with is I think the spring he used was too light. I have mine adjusted all the way tight and it's still a tad too soft for my liking. Pretty sure he charged me $125 for the rebuild and an extra $75 to do the LT mod.

CORRECTION: Evan charged me an extra $50 (not $75) for the LT upgrade.

Back in the day a lot of racers did this trick but I've also heard the piston rod can end up bent. Knock on wood so far so good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've talked to Jake Balsiger owner of Six 5 Design about building a long travel linkage setup for the 250R and he plans to have some products for us out around mid summer. If you haven't heard of them it's because they are a new company and are working on getting there product line completed. You can check them out on there facebook page Six 5 Design - Product/Service - Chardon, OH | Facebook and if your interested the best thing to do is let them know what kind of products you would like to see.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you do long travle front shocks do you have to do long travle rear ?
You don't HAVE TO but it's sure nicer to have a LT rear end though :)

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
SRS like deadly posted does great work, he redid a works shock i sent him falling apart missing clickers no oil etc, a basket case. i got back a beautiful anodized shock valved perfect for us +6 swinger etc amazing riding shock. im about to send him 4 more shocks to setup for us.

but you can swap the shim stack upside down in most shocks and get another 1inch of shock travel which is more wheel travel at the end of swingarm

you dont have to run LT front and rear, they work independantly from each other but once you try one you'll want the other to be the same. it rides so nice when the suspension just soaks up the bumps like butter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I called Shmidty Racing and Evan seems real knowledgeable on what works for these 250rs. Unlike most people he gave me some options and went into detail what he can do with my stock rear. IMO of the suspension companies that i have spoken to Hes getting my buisness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts