Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Those arms on the lockout put more pressure on the pressure plate the faster you spin it. To run that cover you need to extend the kick start shaft. The one they sell is like $260 but have seen people weld and extension on. The slingshot lockout uses steel balls to put pressure on the pressure plate and it fits under the stock cover.

·
Registered
769 Posts
i run the DD. it works well and looks cool, but eventually the lexan cover will need replaced, mine seems to have warped and leaks, but new ones are pretty cheap. i'd also just cut the shaft and weld a spacer in there.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The EFM autoclutch is similar but uses the balls/ramp style. As the rpm increases the centrifugal force forces the balls farther towards the circumference up the ramps, increasing the force against the pressure plates. Only difference as the rpms drop below "X" rpm, pressure on the plates is dropped to zero or near zero basically disengaging the clutch completely so you can shift without using the clutch lever. Where I get hung up is how do you shift when the clutch is under load like during racing conditions. I still want to get one and try it out, though. The Rekluse seems to have it figured out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had a reklus at one time and you just use it like a normal clutch its real purpose is basicly 2 things,
The bike will be less likely to stall in a crash because the clutch disengages at low rpm which MX guys like this.
Second when going thru a corner you can sometimes be in a higher gear and power threw it because the clutch will slip some not lugging the motor.

I run the slingshot on my drag bike which is very simular to the reklus except it never disengages, it only adds holding power with more rpm. But you can run lighter springs if you are looking for a little slip off the line then the slingshot increases holding pressure as the motor revs up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know this is an old post but I need to get a hold of and extended kicker shaft does any one know where I can Buy one

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a complete setup that wasn't even used for a tank of gas if interested
i know your just looking for that $300 extended shaft but $525 can get new cover lockout and shaft..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts