Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m building an 86 stroker motor , the motor I have is currently in the quad and running. The left side has the typical chain guard bolt hole busted but not blown completely out . I want to get it repaired but I’ve also been looking at possibly getting a different left case . My question is what’s the ballpark price to get the case repaired ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
call bdt-carlos 909 466 9152. best repair.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Arlan has fixed a few roach motors I bought off of eBay. Great work. Charged shop rate at whatever time it took. Was usually about an hour or 2 to fix them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pete has repaired several for me. He does an excellent job for a reasonable rate. I have never just had him do case repair so I can't tell you exactly what it cost. I think somewhere around $200-$250. That was for case saver bosses, shift shaft bore repair, and knurling the main bearing bosses. He does give me an invoice every time, but I throw those away before I get home so my wife doesn't find out what I spent lol.

·
Registered
12,896 Posts
I know BDT does excellent work but what does something like that cost ?
The picture Matuus posted included top and bottom case saver mounts TIG welded, and Machined, as well as the Clutch Bearing Arm Feature TIG welded, and Machined. The picture shows it in the 'after machining' state and before the final Hand Blending. You will note 'Zero' porosity, once hand Blended and PC'd or painted you won't be able to tell the repairs made.

Search here on .NET...lot's of customers posts on BDT Motorsports Case repairs, and pictures.

Carlos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts