Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Honda TRX 250R 87 / Suzuki LT 500R 87麓
Discussion Starter #1
finally finished braking down my engine for my rebuilt. everYthing is apart. all bearings and seals will be replaced.

however it seems that some parts of the inner side of the cases show some littl cracks and wear ... pictures attached.

what do you guys suggest ?

should i be looking for new used cases or get this somehow fixed? and if fixing is incolved, what would be the process,who could do it, how much would it cost ?

thx and a happy new year in advance folks 馃馃徑馃馃敟

Attachments

Registered
I am not seeing any cracks, just casting marks. Casting marks won't be an issue. I would check sealing and mating. Also replace all the bearings.

If you need a shop, I would recommend LED Performance. I have been dealing with them since the '90's.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I am not seeing any cracks, just casting marks. Casting marks won't be an issue. I would check sealing and mating. Also replace all the bearings.

If you need a shop, I would recommend LED Performance. I have been dealing with them since the '90's.
u think it aint no crack next to the bearing ?! ok than. guess thats better for me :)

sealings and bearings will all be renewed ... already ordered stuff at service honda ...

Registered
I have a left side that looks identical to yours by the bearing, going slightly around the bearing by that same jagged step, and heading towards the same cylinder dowel. It sure looks like a crack but doesn't appear to go into the bearing bore, nor is it seen anywhere on the other side. I'd also say most of the cases i see go through ebay look similar as well, and nobody ever mentions it...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I have a left side that looks identical to yours by the bearing, going slightly around the bearing by that same jagged step, and heading towards the same cylinder dowel. It sure looks like a crack but doesn't appear to go into the bearing bore, nor is it seen anywhere on the other side. I'd also say most of the cases i see go through ebay look similar as well, and nobody ever mentions it...
just removed most of the bearings from the cases. checked in the crankshaft bearing bed where this line is going into and its not going thru. so it really appears to be on the upper surface.

many thx !

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the start to a great build
cross me some fingers that I won鈥檛 nuke the motor once its back together 馃槀馃檲

gonna use the manual for re-install anyway ... so should be fine :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts