Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys My R came w/ FMF pipe that leaks black goo like crazy! I know the o-ring is toast but I cant find a replacement thru FMF. They sell a nice spring & o-ring kit for Banshee's but nothing for my 250R. :(
Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
214 Posts
is it leaking were the pipr meats the motor mine leaks there ive tryed everything nothing works the sealacone worked for 3 weeks then stoped the honda seals go bad fast

·
Registered
49 Posts
is it leaking were the pipr meats the motor mine leaks there ive tryed everything nothing works the sealacone worked for 3 weeks then stoped the honda seals go bad fast
My ESR pipe and old Pro Circuit pipe also leak there. It is normal on the R's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ESR pipe and old Pro Circuit pipe also leak there. It is normal on the R's.
Ok what about where the header pipe meets the expansion chamber? there was an o-ring in there but came out in 5 pieces! FMF dosnt seem to sell an replacement.

·
Registered
413 Posts
clean up the surfaces good with a scotch pad or something similar then put a good bead of high temp silicone in there. i use the black permatex. wait a while before you start it so the silicone has time to dry. 24hrs should be plenty. i use the silicone at all my exaust joints.

·
Registered
190 Posts
clean up the surfaces good with a scotch pad or something similar then put a good bead of high temp silicone in there. i use the black permatex. wait a while before you start it so the silicone has time to dry. 24hrs should be plenty. i use the silicone at all my exaust joints.
what he said and provided ya have good exhaust hangers at every location to keep the pipe movement to a minimum. you will have trouble free leakage at the joints for quite some time. B)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys....You know all the excellent advice on this forum almost brings a tear to me eye......Almost ^_^ ^_^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts