Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good friend of mine called me to tell me he just picked up a 1986 atc250r with a CR500 engine in it. I went and looked at it tonight…. I went assuming motor swap & extended swing arm but found much more. Neck of frame between triple trees reads 1986 Cr500, it’s a Cr500 motor & frame with full Paul Turner exhaust, different front end, aftermarket subframe with flip top rear end, maier plastics, 250r seat and custom extended swing arm. It has an old registration sticker from like 2005 in California on the swingarm. After doing some research I located an old magazine article on 3wheeler world about a Laeger500R build & it looks to be same. (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/files/MagScans/Laeger500R.pdf) It needs a bunch of miscellaneous parts, missing carb/airbox/rear brake caliper & some other odds & ends.

Im hoping he builds himself an account and introduces himself. In the mean time has anyone else seen something like this?
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
A good friend of mine called me to tell me he just picked up a 1986 atc250r with a CR500 engine in it. I went and looked at it tonight…. I went assuming motor swap & extended swing arm but found much more. Neck of frame between triple trees reads 1986 Cr500, it’s a Cr500 motor & frame with full Paul Turner exhaust, different front end, aftermarket subframe with flip top rear end, maier plastics, 250r seat and custom extended swing arm. It has an old registration sticker from like 2005 in California on the swingarm. After doing some research I located an old magazine article on 3wheeler world about a Laeger500R build & it looks to be same. (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/files/MagScans/Laeger500R.pdf) It needs a bunch of miscellaneous parts, missing carb/airbox/rear brake caliper & some other odds & ends.

Im hoping he builds himself an account and introduces himself. In the mean time has anyone else seen something like this?
View attachment 66473
Yes , that was a conversion kit that Laegers used to make. It used a cr500 frame, forks and motor. Then added custom tripple clamps up front to spread the forks out to incorporate the 250r atc front wheel and hub. also had a adapter plate to allow usage for the cr500 caliper. Then made a custom swinarm , in order to use 250r axle etc. Then, to finish it off built a rear subframe with a seat flip to allow 250r fender to hinge rearward in order to rear kick the motor. I worked there for some years and actually still might have a couple of the fixtures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts