Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a new trx500 laeger frame. It was sitting for a bit but never been run. it has the cr5oo mounting points and is specifically designed to reduce vibration. Flip top subframe. I was looking for a standard 250, not the 500 base. This frame is to perfect and to rare to cut up. Are there any trades? or is this someones dream bike?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you sell it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably, There is alot of stuff with it. basically a complete roller less rear shock and linkage. I have is taken down to the bare frame right now and I am going through parts and doing the obligatory replacement of the rubber items and other small stuff. So, yes I will sell it. unsure of price at the moment but open to offers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A stock geo frame for a roller laeger is not really a fair trade to me. I would be money ahead just changing the mounts. I don’t want to modify a frame that is a piece of history, but not bad enough to lose money. I would have to re purchase a complete rear end, plastics, radiator, stem, a-arms, wheels, hubs brake rotors, and more. Your proposal does not make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do you not know what a JP frame is?....Aftermarket frame far from stock....JP has been out of business since late 90's -2000's...Thatsvwhen JP was sold to Lonestar..To find a new frame is unheard of yet I have one....So my frame is as hard to find as your Laeger is and probably worth more (Just the frame) than your Laeger frame because it is brand new..You could also keep all your other parts....All I need is the frame and the fliptop subframe...Id build it new from the ground up and have a 85 cr500 motor just waiting for it....So I'll pass if you don't think this is a fair trade...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I have a new trx500 laeger frame. It was sitting for a bit but never been run. it has the cr5oo mounting points and is specifically designed to reduce vibration. Flip top subframe. I was looking for a standard 250, not the 500 base. This frame is to perfect and to rare to cut up. Are there any trades? or is this someones dream bike?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sorry I don't check this forum that often and just saw your reply....I will get you some pictures Tuesday as I am slammed for work right now....It is a no link rear end.....I do have a few no link shocks also if you need one...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are a few pics of the rear linkage,it’s all cr500 stuff including the shock,whatever specific pictures you need of the frame,just let me know and i will get them to you
So it’s from a earlier cr500? Not the later bikes? Explains why the one I bought does not fit

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it’s from a earlier cr500? Not the later bikes? Explains why the one I bought does not fit

Correct,the shock and linkage are 87 cr500 parts,the swingarm is 86-87 style trx swinger setup for the cr500 shock and link,these bikes get funky because the swingarm bolt goes they the rear engine mount,so you can’t use the 88-89 style swinger,so finding different length swingers can be difficult

1 - 20 of 21 Posts