Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to being done and kickstart lever acts like it is in bind but if i loosen the cover works perfectly i pulled off cover and there is 0 washers between collar .
I had the motor rebuilt at Fast by Jeff and have had 4 other ones done ther before all ran great and worked perfectly. Have any other members had this happen and how did you fix this . I dont have any idea what thickness these washers need to bo beany help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would start by downloading a manual. There will be a diagram showing the parts associated with the kick starter mechanism. Then pull the clutch cover and see what you have going.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried a different cover and the engine came out of a 1985 atc the only thing i changed was the cases and covers is ther any way to figure ou the year on the covers.. If you cant do that what is the difference in the covers. Thx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the internals were 85 and i do have a manual and according to it there should be two washers . .Is there anyway in the starter assembly to tell the year . and i have contacted the builder and i am sure he would deal with it but its already installed in the bike he is in kansas and i am in illinois

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Getting close to being done and kickstart lever acts like it is in bind but if i loosen the cover works perfectly i pulled off cover and there is 0 washers between collar .
I had the motor rebuilt at Fast by Jeff and have had 4 other ones done ther before all ran great and worked perfectly. Have any other members had this happen and how did you fix this . I dont have any idea what thickness these washers need to bo beany help would be greatly appreciated
I have tried a different cover and the engine came out of a 1985 atc the only thing i changed was the cases and covers is ther any way to figure ou the year on the covers.. If you cant do that what is the difference in the covers. Thx
I think the internals were 85 and i do have a manual and according to it there should be two washers . .Is there anyway in the starter assembly to tell the year . and i have contacted the builder and i am sure he would deal with it but its already installed in the bike he is in kansas and i am in illinois

Always work from a manual, however; in this case the manual will do little good. A very good Builder would know that issues existed with 1985 ATC250R Kick Stater Internals, and Clutch cover. Also would know that all internals & clutch covers will interchange through all years 85-89 with the Right mix of components, Spacers and washers.

As AO stated; you most likely have the wrong combination of parts (again it won't show on the manual), and Matuus suggestion of sending it back to the builder is spot on.

Carlos

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update got the time to pull the side cover off remove clutch basket kick start assembly and did not find anything wrong so reassembled and added one additional cover gasket put in oil and let set overnight no leaks and now works perfectly finished putting coolant in and it fired up on 4th kick still have to finish heat cycles and put engine and swingarm skidplates on but everything looks good .I appreciate all the information from you guys this took longer than expected but they always do. I will try to get some pictures up this evening its not perfect but it turned out pretty well i will let you guys tell me what you think. on another note i came across an 1986 trx 330r that was an unbelievable deal i will post some pictures of that too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks took longer to finish atc than expected but turned out decent and ran across the 330r it was just finished had less than 20 minutes on fresh build esr 330 kit,esr cases 2001 cr 250r ignition and stage 7 porting,ccp steering stabilizer ,hiper carbon fiber wheels ,lonestar front and rear hubs with axle .fourtech carbon fiber hood,shrouds,rear brake guard ,yz 450r front brakes ,lonestar front a arms long travel . Picked it up for less than the cost of the elka stage 5 socks and the front a arms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts