Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have any idea how to get a hold of his team or him?...I have one of his pipes from BDT and I'm doing some porting with a guy in Oregon and I'd like to see of i can obtain the pipe parameters for the port timing...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I believe hickwheeler had Kenny build him a pipe recently. Kenny and Selvey both left bdt for greener pastures.
Is Pete or Arlen doing your port work?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried talking to "Arlen" but he's got his head so far up his ass I guess the "little people" aren't worthy of his vocabulary....who is Pete?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pete has built 3 of the 4 250R engines in my arsenal. Are you in Oregon? I can pm you Pete's number if you are interested.

·
Registered
288 Posts
He asked if he works for bdt. So does he? Or is he on his own? If he is on his own then you are buying pipes from him? Then that means people who are interested in a bdt pipe really just need to contact Kenny directly?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
He asked if he works for bdt. So does he? Or is he on his own? If he is on his own then you are buying pipes from him? Then that means people who are interested in a bdt pipe really just need to contact Kenny directly?
You need to learn to read..."always has" answers the "continues to Work at BDT" question, and "continues to build BDT pipes" answers the 'what does he do' for clarity. Plus, for the Hundredth time; BDT developed BDT Pipes on the BDT Dyno, all the original Templates reside at BDT, all 250R pipes are built to BDT Templates....that should be clear enough.

Carlos

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is the point of this post? I have no idea what the working relationship between Kenny and BDT, beyond what Carlos explained.
BUT
Let’s say Kenny does not work for BDT, do you really think Carlos owes you any further explanation other then “Kenny builds BDT pipes?” Did you want him to post his personal cell phone number? If Kenny is building pipes out side of BDT, then that is between Kenny and the customer and possibly Kenny and BDT depending on their agreement, and Kenny can market/advertise as such.
Your desire to bash Carlos makes you say stupid things and look foolish. Take your petty remarks elsewhere.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
What is the point of this post? I have no idea what the working relationship between Kenny and BDT, beyond what Carlos explained.
BUT
Let’s say Kenny does not work for BDT, do you really think Carlos owes you any further explanation other then “Kenny builds BDT pipes?” Did you want him to post his personal cell phone number? If Kenny is building pipes out side of BDT, then that is between Kenny and the customer and possibly Kenny and BDT depending on their agreement, and Kenny can market/advertise as such.
Your desire to bash Carlos makes you say stupid things and look foolish. Take your petty remarks elsewhere.
Well said; Thank you!

Will add KR is a very private person, he has always had his own shop, back in the day and now....he does his own thing as he pleases...no one is saying anything different. He builds a lot of Pipes for different builders, customers, ect...KR builds BDT Pipes based on BDT Developed Templates that KR developed at BDT on the BDT Dyno.

Without question KR is a 'Master Pipe' builder, IMO one of the 'Best'...one Big reason why KR builds BDT Pipes.

Outside of that, you are correct jsta281...the rest is NOT anyone's business....enough of this nonsense!

Carlos

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow I guess a guy can't ask a question?

Reactions: douglas

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've tried talking to "Arlen" but he's got his head so far up his ass I guess the "little people" aren't worthy of his vocabulary....who is Pete?
never heard any complaints from any one about Arlen. this is a first. i called him many time's and at time's he was quick on the phone. but he never brushed me off or treated me indifferent.

·
Registered
95 Posts
exact reason why i kinda left everyone still argues and complains granted did participate, but arguing is stupid and we are here to help people right? and not give as little info as possible but let as many people that might need it, hear it and know it so they dont end up going and breaking something. ive never had anything done by bdt or pete i have from arlan but i am sure that all of them are great and you cannot neccecarily do anything wrong by going to one or the other. and on the complaint of arlan from meeting him yes he does have some bad language for those that are younger but still he does amazing work and is always there to help.

·
Registered
384 Posts
never use led. had lrd cylinder. would not work on it. thats crap.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
never heard any complaints from any one about Arlen. this is a first. i called him many time's and at time's he was quick on the phone. but he never brushed me off or treated me indifferent.
Perhaps I caught him on a bad day, but both times I attempted to ask what I felt were intelligent and well-founded questions, he gave me generic answers and cut the conversation off like a lite switch..on FB a few people agreed with my take, so I figured I wasn't out in left field with my opinion...anyhow thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts