Honda TRX250R Forums banner

jetting baseline

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  swrve 
#1 ·
okay, im sorry for my ignorance, as im sure this question has been asked a million times, and i apologize first, but i need a jetting baseline. im planning on pulling my carb off, and cleaning it this weekend, and i want to know what size main, pilot, what position for the clip etc etc. what should i have in there, or what combo would work good? its a stock carb, and the quad only has k&n w/ outerwears, and no lid, and an lrd pipe and silencer. im currently using amsoil dominator at 50:1, but plan on using it at 40:1 when this tank runs out. michigan altitude. my quad bogs real bad in 1st and 2nd, probably all the way up to 1/2 throttle, after that, its fine, and 3rd through 6th gear are fine. it wont idle, and the idle screw seems to make no difference, im also going through a lot of gas. please help.....

Discussion starter · #4 ·
okay, i cleaned and inspected the carb, it has a 160 main, and i believe the pilot is a 48? one of the reeds wasnt flush on the cage, stuck up about an eighth of an inch, so i flipped it. after all the cleaning, it does run a little better, now it will idle, but it still hesitates a little in the beginning of 1st and 2nd gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.