Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throttle adjustment stopped working. I pulled it apart and noticed I had to slide the plastic boot over the nut but then its barely runs because the choke is partially up. Attempted to manually set the nut/needle placement but not much luck. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
Idle is set by turning the choke CW or CCW in the down position.

If you are referring the cap on top of carb; adjust cable adjuster nut & body to take up or reduce cable slack. Make sure the plastic retainer inside the throttle and on top of the slide is in full position; rib engaged in slot.

Carlos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for the help. I know how to set the idle (if functioning haha) and there is no cable slack. I think I need a replacement choke plunger with needle

·
Registered
288 Posts
JetsRus is the best place to go for all your carburetor parts. They have genuine keihin and mikuni parts. Good luck

Reactions: SandSlinger

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for the help. I know how to set the idle (if functioning haha) and there is no cable slack. I think I need a replacement choke plunger with needle
4 the best try bdt. no jetsrus here helping 250r people. jetsrus dont know what 250r is. ha

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Correct matuus, jetsRus specializes in carburetors and carburetor parts. If you need a part for your carburetor they have it at an excellent price and very speedy shipping. No need to be a 250r expert to sell you a carburetor or a carburetor part that you need.

·
Registered
384 Posts
u do need 2 be a 250r expert 2 sell the right jets. needle. slide. carb size. jetsrus is a joke. guy dont know 250r. told me same as 250x. hahahaha

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fortunately there are many ways to acquire knowledge in this world both through life experience as well as reading as much as you can. As a result it makes me happy that I have the knowledge & ability to contact any supplier that carries carb parts & get exactly what I want or need regardless what the person on the other end of the line says or thinks. I couldn't imagine going through life having to always ask one particular person for information.... Knowledge is power matuus, look into it & get educated on how 2-strokes work & you can be making your own decisions in no time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have knowledge. why i laugh at jetsrus saying 250x same as 250r. i know jetsrus dont know 250r. u 2 should learn.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
Reality is just because a seller sells certain parts, doesn't mean he knows how they can be issued properly, or the specific combinations best suited for a given model, application, fuel, altitude, or riding style...a 250R is a great example.

I challenge anyone to call these online parts sellers, jet & carb sellers and get ANY good usable information for your 250R's...they don't ride or have a passion for them like we do.

A lot of folks think they know how to jet, I get calls almost daily, the number one statement is; "I purchased a carb or jets from seller "XYZ", my 250R won't idle, or it's Rich or lean in the Mid section, or it makes a weird noise (brake up, or ping) at WOT....we provide correct jetting regardless who originally sold the card or jets to them.

Support those companies that are True 250R suppliers, not internet parts sellers that sell by the "one fits all" approach.

Carlos

·
Registered
288 Posts
I chose to know my machine and be self reliant. That way I can always shop around for the best price. Jetting a 2 stroke carburetor is actually quite easy if everything engine wise is in good condition.
A little research goes a long way. Any atv owner has every resource known to man at the click of the mouse.
These forums are designed for the average Joe new 250r owner to ask questions and gain knowledge from experienced individuals. That way the "new guy" can then take that freely given knowledge and shop good deals. Places like jetsRus, Rockymountain, Amazon, and private sellers on Ebay are not so called 250r "experts", however they are wholesale outlets that cut prices and offer alternatives to buying from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th party retailers that can't help but charge more.
I understand that everyone in the business is try to make a living and I also know that most consumers are looking for an economical way to build/maintain/restore their dream machine.
I personally have 3 trx250r's and 2 atc250r's that I am either building/restoring/maintaining so I choose to educate myself on what I am working on so I can save myself money. That saved money goes back into the "R" pot for more parts and upgrades.
In the end it's everyone's choice as to what level of effort they want to put in to these machines. I myself and pretty much every single R owner I know choose to take ultimate ownership of their machine and educate themselves with all the free information floating around on the internet. In the end knowing that you the owner/R pilot took total responsibility for the build and maintenance of their ATV gives you satisfaction that cannot be obtained from having someone else tell you what to do.
Loren

Reactions: scrappy

·
Registered
384 Posts
options. u can buy wrong. u can guess jets
size. u can call who u want. or make 1 call 2 bdt n get right. save $$.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well said. I always shop around and most of the time end up back to a preferred vendor that I have bought from. I like to try Other businesses to see how fast shipping is. Like Rocky Mountain is 2 days to my door. I also use the local dealers, I get decent discount. So if you know what you need buy wherever you want. If you don’t know ask here first and someone will certainly point you the right direction. Good luck. 🍻

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
large co's dont care about customers.i choose ones that actually care about the sport and people.give help and advice.support a co that supports the sport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts