Honda TRX250R Forums banner

I was told I have a trx engine but I don’t think I do HELP!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jogar411 
#1 ·
My engine number is TB06E 2506950 can someone help me identify what year and what engine it is. Is it the atc or trx engine??!!

#2 ·
my 86 trx has the same TB06E and if im not mistaken for the first year or around that amount of time for the trx's they used the exact same motor as the atc not a single difference same factory same stock pile but then in 87 they changed almost nothing except small things like bracing in the cases if im not mistaken. but either way it is a 86 unless mine is wrong too. take this with a grain of salt, i might not be correct

#5 ·
Yeah I figured I was pretty bugge
Not a TRX250R...and some differences, some not important, some important changes over the years. Yes, for the most part, all parts interchange between 85-89.

As Matuus stated; it's an ATC250R, however; it is a 1985...:)

Thanks so much I was wondering since I thought it was a trx I bought a rebuild kit for a trx would I be able to use it on the atc engine since it’s nearly the same ??

#4 ·
thats atc. 86. not trx.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a TRX250R...and some differences, some not important, some important changes over the years. Yes, for the most part, all parts interchange between 85-89.

As Matuus stated; it's an ATC250R, however; it is a 1985...:)

Carlos

#8 ·
HotRod crankshafts are not Wiseco...two different manufactures & Cranks. Do NOT use the Wiseco; they will fail, they are Junk. The newer HotRod crankshafts are very good, use HR or OEM only.

You can use a Long Rod 87-89 crankshaft, you will need a spacer plate and two OEM base gaskets to run the 85-86 Piston kits; good combination.

Carlos

#9 ·
HotRod crankshafts are not Wiseco...two different manufactures & Cranks. Do NOT use the Wiseco; they will fail, they are Junk. The newer HotRod crankshafts are very good, use HR or OEM only.

You can use a Long Rod 87-89 crankshaft, you will need a spacer plate and two OEM base gaskets to run the 85-86 Piston kits; good combination.

Carlos
Thank you thank you for the info I will look into it and sorry you are right so the crankshaft I got was hot rod and I guess the piston is wiseco brand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.