Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_8021.jpg pulled my carrier bearings last night and put the new ones in tonight and a seen these two shims on the floor . Where did they go ? Thanks alot

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol come on now . At least i caught it. First time and i tore it apart after a 12 hour day at work and a few beers in me . Can u help me out ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im thinking they go behind the bearings but im not sure . And i already have the bearings in the carrier.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not yet i just put the carrier in The swingarm and seen them and was like ught o .little too late to work on now have to be up in a few hours for work in the morning . Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Heat up the carrier and smack it on a 2x4. Usually fall out for me

Reactions: SELVYSATC

·
Registered
640 Posts
Heat up the carrier and smack it on a 2x4. Usually fall out for me
yup, just changed my bearings and thats what I did to the old ones. heat up the outside of the carrier around the bearing area and smack it hard a few times on a wooden work bench or like suggested a 2x.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Just be sure to wear welders or leather gloves!

·
Registered
139 Posts
would you still heat it up the same way if the carrier was a anodized colored one? You think the heat will mess up the color?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I think the heat would change the color IMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone . First time tearing into the ol girl . Im a dirtbike guy . Had a newer 450 quad never had to work on it . Bought a 250r and decided their was no point in owning that 450 anymore. Beat the piss out my 250 all summer and jus had to do the bearings .

Cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts